battle of the Ibanezes (RD vs. ATK vs. EDC)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jul 25, 2004.

Which Ibanez Bass

Poll closed Aug 1, 2004.
  1. EDC 700

4 vote(s)
  2. ATK 300

28 vote(s)
  3. RD 500

3 vote(s)
  1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm in need of a good mid-low priced bass. I'm looking at three different Ibanez models: a white Ibanez ATK 300 (which I would add a tortoise pickguard), a Translucent Blue Ibanez Roadgear RD500 (which I would replace the electronics with all Duncans), or an Ergodyne EDC 700 (or 705). Money and sound aren't much are an issue. I'm I can adjust to just about any bass, but I'm looking to get one of these three, pretty much on looks and playability.

Here are pics of the basses I'm considering.

EDC 700

ATK 300

RD 500
  2. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I'm anti-Ibanez after having owned 3 of them. Too many quality issues. The only Ibanez I'll ever consider buying again is an EDA.

Between the 3, I'd get the ATK.
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I think they make great stuff for the money. I like they alot of them play and sound. I'm just torn about which of these three to get as a main gigging bass.

4. get an atk....i had a black atk 300 and i swear its only seccond to a kubicki...the tuning was perfect after a 2 hour gig full of slapping, neck never bent period, action was great, sounded great....i kinda regret selling it...if i ever came across another one id definately buy it
  5. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    EDC-Stinks.. Literally, the finish smells.
    RD- Stinks... Figuratively.. It's poopy.
    ATK- Yes.
  6. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    ATK all the way!

Great basses, good Japanese quality.
  7. I currently play an Ibanez GSR205 5 string and I love it. Absolutely zero complaints. I did however, shop around and played several of the Ibanez basses before choosing this one. Ive found...that I can play several IDENTICAL basses...and no two will feel the same. I like the look of the RK models, but havent found one in stock around here to play with yet. Anyone have feedback on those?
    Best of luck to ya!
  8. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    RKBs were discontinued. Its kind of sad that it happened so soon.
  9. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That white ATK300 looks awesome!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!!!!!
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ATK. Poll shows :p
  11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    ATK, definitely. I can't say enough about it.
  12. ATK... cheapest bass i have ever owned ..and my good does it rock something cronic...blows the socks off everything nearly.. including a stingray. imho... ..

get it
    get it now
  13. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Wells looks like it will be the White ATK. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I'd send away for a WD custom guard as soon as I get it. That black guard is horrible.

If and when my friend buys my P-bass I will be getting that P-bass.