Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

battle of the passives! (warwick v spector)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flamer, Aug 4, 2003.

1. flamer

flamer

Oct 18, 2002
    swindon, england
    Hi,

Am casually looking around for a backup bass, but definitely lean more towards passive basses, i fancy something a little different from a fender, but realised i only really know about fender basses!

so I've found these two basses so far, and performed a search, but not really been able to track anything down on them, so any information or opinions on them would be great.

Spector Performer 4 passive : £239 or Q4 Pro active: £299.00
    Warwick Streamer Standard (2 Pickup passive): £549.00

p.s. i play fingerstyle in a noisy rock band!

cheers, Phil.

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Rickenbacker! was that a choice? Spectors and Warwicks are both good active or passive, I play a Spector Rebop5. I know im not much of a help.

3. You should be able to get a Rockbass warwick for a lot less than £549. They also do a passive corvette aswell which might be worth considering. The Rockbass streamer standard twin pickup costs about £320, and the Rockbass corvette costs about £360. From the reviews I have seen the corvette is probably the better instrument.
    I would suggest going for one of these as Warwick do not produce the Streamer standard any more. If you want a made in Germany Warwick thats passive then go for the corvette standard with swamp ash body. You are probably looking at around £700 for one which might be too much. I am guesing based on the prices of the instruments listed.