1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

battle of the passives! (warwick v spector)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flamer, Aug 4, 2003.

1. flamer

flamer

Oct 18, 2002
    swindon, england
    Hi,

Am casually looking around for a backup bass, but definitely lean more towards passive basses, i fancy something a little different from a fender, but realised i only really know about fender basses!

so I've found these two basses so far, and performed a search, but not really been able to track anything down on them, so any information or opinions on them would be great.

Spector Performer 4 passive : £239 or Q4 Pro active: £299.00
    Warwick Streamer Standard (2 Pickup passive): £549.00

p.s. i play fingerstyle in a noisy rock band!

cheers, Phil.

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Rickenbacker! was that a choice? Spectors and Warwicks are both good active or passive, I play a Spector Rebop5. I know im not much of a help.

3. You should be able to get a Rockbass warwick for a lot less than £549. They also do a passive corvette aswell which might be worth considering. The Rockbass streamer standard twin pickup costs about £320, and the Rockbass corvette costs about £360. From the reviews I have seen the corvette is probably the better instrument.
    I would suggest going for one of these as Warwick do not produce the Streamer standard any more. If you want a made in Germany Warwick thats passive then go for the corvette standard with swamp ash body. You are probably looking at around £700 for one which might be too much. I am guesing based on the prices of the instruments listed.