Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle scars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Send in some pics of the battle scars on your basses, be it neglect, aggrevation, mistake, poor grammer you name it, let the pics begin.

I myself haven't owned my basses long enough for wounds, but they will in time.;)

2. I was thinking of making this thread soon...all well.

C'mon guys,lets see 'em!

I have little hair scratches on mine...thats it(I think:confused: )

:oops:

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]

Battle scar, and battlefield bandaged. :D

4. Where to begin... This is a old Framus Jazz Bass, i found it lying around and noone claimed it, so I kept it. It's prolly been to hell and back, and looks, well, you say what it looks like. More pics it you want them.

[​IMG]

5. It's no longer mine, and I can't take credit for most of the marks, but this is the kinda "battle scars" my old MTD had on it:

[​IMG]

Mike

6. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Thankfully this isn't my bass, but a fellow Pitter's MTD bass that met an unfortunate end when a car jumped out in front of it...
    :eek: :bawl: :eek:
    [​IMG]

7. I'm afraid that goes beyond "battle scars" to "war casualty"! :(

Mike

8. Poor bass...send my deepest sympathy to the owner and may it rest in peace. ~ Tyler

9. My very first Spector, this bass has survived over 2000 nights of gigging since 1988 as well as approximately 20 falls from guitar stands, and at least a dozen major league headstock/forehead collisions. One theft and subsequent recovery, 3 sets of tuners, 2 preamps, one complete re-fret and it STILL plays like a dream and NEVER goes out of tune. I am considering a refinish this fall, I think it's earned it, but I think it may be a bit sacrelegious to try and cover up all that history........

10. Jeez, that thing looks like it has cancer, and 36465465 STD's

11. The Front.....

12. And the back of the Spector.....

13. Doesnt even look that bad...

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Some guitar polish wouldn't hurt ;)

15. Now that is a beast of buurden bass, rock on:bassist:

16. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That is a beautiful thing my man... I've always said Spectors are tough as nails. I love Spectors!:D

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I feel sick...:crying: :bawl:

That looked like a beautiful MTD aswell. Surley it was used for parts?

18. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    its a catch 22 for me,i love an old beat up fender bass thats been gigged at every dive in the surrounding states.but on my new bass,i get all bent when it gets polishing swirls marks on it.BTW does that beat up p-bass work that you got up there Microbass ?

19. that MTD brings tears to my eyes:(

Well,why did he leave it in the middle of the road?

:oops: