Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battle wounds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Mike Chagolla, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Since I have not been playing DB for quite as long I have not had this trouble yet. With my BG I have had some rough gigs. In the 80's, about once a week I would either get my hair, or one of those stupid long ear rings I used to wear, caught in my head stock. One time my G string broke and some how wrapped around by bass and taged me in the jewels. I could go on with these, but would love to hear some of your funny stories.

2. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    A couple of weeks ago, I knocked a baritone sax player in the head with my headstock and he jokingly gestured to hit my groin area with his instrument. Lucky for me he was still smiling.

I got this friend (it's always a friend) who beaned the legendary Robert Gorden in the head with his upright.

Who was that guy that said "the best defense is a good offence"?

The trick is to make it look like it's unintentional. :)

jc

3. After 30 years playing in bars I have 2 'battle wounds'.

I got stabbed once for having a conversation with some jerks girlfriend in a bar, he got the butt whooping of his life but we didn't call the police cause I was under age.

I have a 4 inch scar on my head where it intercepted a flying beer pitcher, but I finished the tune.