Battle wounds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Mike Chagolla, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Since I have not been playing DB for quite as long I have not had this trouble yet. With my BG I have had some rough gigs. In the 80's, about once a week I would either get my hair, or one of those stupid long ear rings I used to wear, caught in my head stock. One time my G string broke and some how wrapped around by bass and taged me in the jewels. I could go on with these, but would love to hear some of your funny stories.
  2. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    A couple of weeks ago, I knocked a baritone sax player in the head with my headstock and he jokingly gestured to hit my groin area with his instrument. Lucky for me he was still smiling.

I got this friend (it's always a friend) who beaned the legendary Robert Gorden in the head with his upright.

Who was that guy that said "the best defense is a good offence"?

The trick is to make it look like it's unintentional. :)

3. After 30 years playing in bars I have 2 'battle wounds'.

I got stabbed once for having a conversation with some jerks girlfriend in a bar, he got the butt whooping of his life but we didn't call the police cause I was under age.

I have a 4 inch scar on my head where it intercepted a flying beer pitcher, but I finished the tune.