Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Battlefield 1942?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Aug 17, 2004.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Any players on here? I just picked it up about a week ago and have been primarily playing the Desert Combat mod. I'm not much of a gamer, but this game is a blast.

2. me! i don't have any mods, i just play the campaigns and stuff. I love that game. I think it has got to be one of the best out there, but i know a lot of people think call to arms (i think thats what that game is called) is better, but i haven't played it yet!

until then though, BF1942 is the only game i play right now!

Charlie

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I only played it a little, didn't like it too much, Call of Duty is where it's at for WW2 games.

that said, I still don't play any PC games aside from savage these days. so nya :p

4. oh yeah, call of duty...thats what it's called...sorry,
    anyways i really like that game...now all if i had a computer that could run the game!

5. Yeah, I'm a semi-fan of the game. I tend to play online a lot, though, so my enjoyment also comes with the other players. If they're not very team-oriented, then I'll quit and find a new server. But I haven't played it too much lately, largely because my computer in Hong Kong is too crap to run the game, and I'm currently in my grandmother's house in the bay area, where my cousin's computer is too crap to run any game other than minesweeper and solitaire. :p

6. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Love me some Desert Combat.

7. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, I was primarily playing with a couple of friends. I've tried jumping on other servers with people I don't know, but that gets old real fast. It's every man for himself - isn't that how real battles are fought? :rolleyes:

8. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    It's a great game even by itself. Well, I have to play it by myself, since none of my other friends are big on the genre. Also, I have dialup and I can't even compete with the cable users. Still, if anyone has dialup and wants to play sometime.............................I'll give it a try. :)

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Find a clan:)

I used to play in few clans when I had time and didn’t go out all the time... its fun... you try to get a team win and so you play together... cover firing, a lot of contact to get it done:) its fun:)

Cheers