Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bay Area Bass Dealers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ddunn61, Apr 27, 2001.

1. ddunn61

ddunn61

Apr 27, 2001
    Iowa
    I live in a small midwestern town not close to any great music stores. I'm going to be visiting the Bay Area in late May and would like to know where to go to check out some high-end basses. Interested in playing Modulus, Pedulla, Alembic, etc. Thanks in advence for any recommendations!

2. The best bet would be Gelb Music in Redwood City (located half way between S.F. and San Jose). They carry a great selection of high end basses such as Spector, Modulus, Zon etc. Here's the address and Phone #:

Gelb Music
    722 El Camino Real
    Redwood City
    (650)365-8878

3. True, but if you want the best selection in the bay area, the drive is more than worth it!

4. I concur that Gelb is great and that Ed is your man there. But, you won't find Pedullas, and I didn't see any Alembics when I was there this week. There is a healthy collection of Modulus, Zon, MTD, Lakland, Mike Lull, Spector and F basses. Absolutely well worth the trip. Have fun!!

5. keep in mind that if you go to banana's at large, you have a chance of meeting Les Claypool© I know a guy who works there, and he said that him and leir come in all the time when their not on the road to mess around wiht all the gear©

6. ddunn61

ddunn61

Apr 27, 2001
    Iowa
    Thanks for the info - can't wait to check the place out!