1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bazz Fuss v2 wiring - please help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MattS, Jul 23, 2012.

1. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    So I have decided to try my second veroboard build on a bazz fuss. But I wanted to be able to experiment with caps, so I built this box with some recycled parts, I also made it so that I could probably swap out other circuits to try out in a similar way using mostly sockets on everything. I plan on building a bunch of these bazz fuss pedals (some in 1590a boxes, some combined with a blend, some with a cap switch, etc...).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I finished the box over the weekend, but haven't had the chance to plug it in/experiment/see how it sounds. I feel like such a noob, but for some reason I feel that the wiring diagram I got below might be a little off or I'm missing something. Can someone please, put me in the right direction with this wiring diagram? few things I'm not sure of are a) how is the pot supposed to be wired? What does "1 cut VOL2>CUT VOL3>GND" mean? is VOL3 already to the ground as I have in the diagram or is it supposed to go somewhere else too? b) where/how can I put another ground wire coming out of my circuit board? c) is there supposed to be an "out" on my board that goes to the switch? or ...??

[​IMG]

any help would be greatly appreciated. if you can provide a drawn diagram to clarify anything that'd be greatly appreciated. I can't read schematics. I've been building for a few years now, i can follow directions well, but I always feel like a total noob when it comes to wiring possibilities, and this is another attempt at educating myself further.

Once I have the bazz fuss circuit figured out how I want it. I'd like to combine this mix/blend circuit with it
    miniblend.
    I might ask more about how to do this later, but one thing at a time.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your response. Thank you for reading.

- Matt

2. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    The CUT is actually OUT. It seems like that was an error with the layout program and just sliced off the edge of the O. The circuit out on the wiring diagram will go to this point, and you just attach vol 3 to any ground point. And the offboard wiring diagram you have is fine. It'll work!

3. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Thank you! I thought that might've been the case, cuz "CUT" just didn't seem to make sense to me. I'm still a little confused though. Where is the "OUT" on the Bazz Fuss circuit? Is that what the Vol 3 wire on the circuit is? What exactly connects to lug 3, lug 2, and lug 1 of the potentiometer? I really appreciate it!

4. DannDubblewe

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Well, lug 3 is connected to the actual board as shown in the circuit layout, AS WELL AS GROUND. Lug 2 is the actual circuit out. *EDIT* Lug 1 is not used. Make sense? If it doesn't I could make a quick diagram for you.

5. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    I'm sorry to ask this, but if you could make a quick diagram that'd be very helpful and awesome.
    I drew that line from the "vol3"wire to the pot in the drawing/diagram. Where is the outwire on the circuit board? So does Lug 2 go to the bottom right post on the switch? and lug 1 can go on the tip of the output? Thank you.

6. DannDubblewe

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Sorry, I was a little confused what with my morning coffee not quite circulating yet BUT lug 1 is not used at all. Sorry for the confusion. Here's a wiring diagram (and how I wire all my builds) with the circuit in place.

Base image pulled from Sabrotone.com < wicked site!!!

[​IMG]

7. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    I noticed that you have two mono jacks, unlike mine.

8. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Let me know if I got this right.
    Is E8 the Out of the circuit? the original diagram just said "Vol3" which is where I put it. Is d8 definitely a ground? Could I eliminate connecting anything to Lug 1 of the pot and just connect d8 to the output jack (assuming d8 is definitely a ground)? Again thank you so much.

[​IMG]

9. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    Also, which are the input and output cap(s)?
    Is C1 the input cap and C2 the output cap? or is C3 the output cap?

10. MattS

MattS

Jan 17, 2011
    Cheshire, CT
    bump