Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BB300 help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ollielangfan, Jan 29, 2006.

1. ollielangfan

ollielangfan

Apr 3, 2005
    Nampa, ID
    I got this Yamaha BB and it works fine but no matter how I adjust the bridge I cannot get the wierd buzz out of the top 5 frets on the G string. And its not like a normal buzz its like this deep hollow buzz. How do I fix that?

2. this should really be in setup...however, I think that you probably have a fret that is a tad high...the "deep hollow buzz" is probably because it is JUST touching a fret somewhere...

you'll have to use your ears, eyes and fingers to locate the source of the buzz. plucking, playing, feeling, muting...looking...groping...

a BB300 is a great instrument and a fret dress and setup from a trusted professional would probably be in order.

However, short of that, try raising the action a tad...

If you don't have any relief, try putting just a little bit of relief in the neck (loosening the trussrod a smidge)...

mind you, only do it until the buzz is eliminated, no more...

3. ollielangfan

ollielangfan

Apr 3, 2005
    Nampa, ID
    My truss rod doesn't have the normal 5mm nut. it looks like a normal nut like the ones on a bike wheel.