1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BB415 yamaha 5 string pblem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rubain19, Apr 25, 2010.

1. rubain19

rubain19

Dec 13, 2009
    hi i have a BB415[5 string yamaha].well i made a mistake when i buy it 1 year before.now i hve no choice,i need to ply it.the main pblem is tht the string is high 5mm below the b string[from fret to string] and still the sound is not good, sound like distort.if i low it the string touch with the fret..
    how to fix it or is there smething i need to chg..

2. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Take it to a pro and have it set up correctly.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Please spend 5 minutes filling out your profile here. That will help us to know if we're dealing with someone with a different primary language, or just someone who sounds like it.

+1 on taking it to a pro. It sound like it needs help, and that you're not sure at all what needs to be done. Which usually results in damaged instruments.

4. rubain19

rubain19

Dec 13, 2009
    oh!sorry i write some words in a wrong way,keyboard problem while writing,really sorry for that.there is no pro where i live,that y am here...
    to get a pretty good sound at the first fret,i need to rise the saddles and at the 20 fret my action is really high,and lot of tension on the string.when i lower it,lot of buzz + from 1 fret to 5 fret no sound.oh!the neck is in a backward bow