Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer.. Any good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DougD, Dec 14, 2002.

1. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Has anyone out there ever tried on of these? My local GC has em on sale for 79 bucks. They also have the 442 for 99 buck. The only difference I can see is the 442 has leds and 2 channels. Am I right? Anyway what are your thoughts on them?

2. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    BBE sonic maximizers are good for both Bass and for PA systems. It can really thicken the low end and give you crisper highs.
    Check Out the BBE website:
    http://www.bbesound.com/

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yes. Yes. I use mine all the time. Those are good prices.

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    My bad......It's the BBE 482 for 99 bucks:)

5. I've had one for 4 months now, and I never play/sing without it. Just flat works, might get a little noisy if you pump up the process too much, but it's not even an issue.

Make it go.

6. I used a BBE 362NR for the past five years.

Never play without it.

The Noise Reduction Feature Rocks.

7. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Hey Tufnuts. Which one do you use? 362 or 482?

8. mangle

mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    I used a BBE, don t recall the model, (a friend of mine borrow me it for or gigs)
    but was a 2 channel one, with lots of LED s ;)
    It s amazing! it kind of "unmasked" my tone, make it much more transparent sounding

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have an old BBE 401 - and I still play over it every day. Great box, maybe I'll upgrade later, but even the old version is great.

10. 362, and I know 2 other bass players with them. and we all use ampeg equipment too lol. And neck thru active 5's w/ a woodgrain finish. This happened indepentally before we each knew each other. Funny stuff.

11. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    MF is selling the 482 for the same price as the 362...$99. I might have to look into that. From $350 (retail) to $99...seems like the right time for me to get one. hmmmm

12. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    No. You misunderstood. MF is selling the 362 for 79 and the 482 for 99;)

13. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    still a goog deal i think:)

14. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Maybe GC is selling it at $79 but not the Friend of Musicians...BBE 362 at $99

Pay day comes but once a week :)

15. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Oh.

16. I have used mine for years but am trying to ween myself off it. If you use brand spankin' new strings always and have a tight sound with maybe a bit of compression you may not need it at all. It can add some of the sparkle back into your sound and will tighten up your bottom somewhat, clearing up a "muddled" tone. In certain modes, the delay effect on the high's can be a little obvious so use it judisciously. It can really "clean up the mud" and "lift the blanket off" your sound but for some it may be that "step to far" and not really be neccasary. I think if you had a stellar rig and a great bass you could pass on it. If you are looking for a cheap and EZ fix for less than top-notch gear it can be great......

17. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Yep... That would be what i'm looking for;)