Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mara, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Is anyone using this? I like my rig, but I'm looking for something that would allow me to dial in a bit more growl and definition (the EQ on my Peavey Max is not the most versatile one around).

I've been thinking about getting the popular SABDDI, but I've also heard that the BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer can do wonders to your sound.

I'm a bit confused what the 482 actually does. Does it have something that the SABDDI doesn't have and vice versa?

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    BBE will do definiton. SABDDI will do growl. They are very different pieces of gear. Doasurch

3. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    Got the BBE 482 around Christmas and then returned it within a week. It really didn't add that much
    to MY rig and for MY ears. I'm sure this isn't true for everyone though. I use an ampeg SVT4 and 4x10
    cab, along with a Sansamp BDDI. The BDDI adds all the tone, growl, and definition I need.

I think if you have a pretty good setup, you won't need the BBE, and could get more out of a good EQ/DI.

4. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Thanks Pudge,

That's what I wanted to hear. I'll go for the SABDDI and see what happens.

Cheers,

Mara