1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BBE 882i - Does anyone use one in their bass rig?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AlstottMVP2, Sep 17, 2008.

1. AlstottMVP2

AlstottMVP2

May 9, 2007
    I picked one up dirt cheap, not sure if I'm going to consistently use it live or not.

Anyone use one? Anyone swear by one? Hate it? Love it?

2. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    i had the 482 and used it on my rid (Acme Low B-4). I found that it preformed exceptionally well. I contributed this to my cab having both a mid-range driver as well as a tweeter. Not to say it didn't tighten up the lows, because it did - really well. It made my rig sound all together punchier and tighter. It gave my live set-up the illusion that it was larger than it really is. And I was under powering my amp by about 800 watts.

It seems though that its results vary from venue to venue. It has no reliable consistency in that respect. As for recording, it helped alot. Now I'm kickin myself because I just got some Octavia mike's and the 482i would make an excellent addition.

If you got it for so cheap try it out and see how you like it. Reviews seem to be mixed from godsend to myth. Good Luck