1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BBE awesome warranty

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I bought a bbe opto comp off ebay for $40 including shipping. With description "minty fresh, factory packaging, items are as described" it sounded like a winner...

Well it sure was minty fresh and look perfect as in brand new super fresh out of the box. Only problem is it didn't work and as expected I got no response from the seller.

The seller's name is not really important but if anyone cares to know I will let list it. The important thing was I sent a message to bbe about warranty work telling them I already expected bad news and the seller probably wasn't an authorized dealer etc. Bbe said no problem we don't even need a receipt here's your authorization number and you only need to pay to ship it here.

I will be shipping it soon but I wanted to share a so far great customer experience. Such experiences seem to be so far and few these days.

If anyone cares to know the outcome just drop some feed back on this thread otherwise I'll assume that you assume it turns out great. Also while I'm here discussing the opto comp any favorite settings or any tips. All my basses are passive and now that I think about it they all have jazz style pickups.

2. p4toda

p4toda

Aug 10, 2008
    At the middle
    my opto stomp is just a month old and i love the way it serves me. settings are very straight forward ; VOL at full, COMP is at 1 o'clock nice compression for a set of synth filters that comes before it.