1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BBE B-Max Preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Jul 12, 2003.

1. I'm currently running a Carvin R1000 head but might be getting my hands on a new BBE B-Max preamp and was wondering what to expect. I was just going to bypass everything on the carvin head and use it just for the power and if I like that then get a seperate power amp. For anyone that has used them how do you like the BBe preamps particulary the B-Max. thanks for any input.

2. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I've been looking at the BBE BMax preamp.... It's a tossup between that and a Tech 21 SansAmp RBI for me. I'm gonna pair it with a Carvin poweramp and an Avatar 2x12... So tell us how it sounds if you get the BBE.

3. Why not get a Carvin poweramp? I mean, you live in California and they're cheaper than the QSCs power vs. power, right? Well, to any effect, I'm excited to hear your review as I can't find a single one on the net.

4. mainly because I have heard how Carvin can be iffy on their actual power ratings and because in that power range there doesn't seem to be a big price difference. well see what happens.

5. well what can I say. can't hope for much of a better review than that. with any luck I should be getting mine next week. can't wait now.