Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE BMAX SS preamp and RANE DC24 multiband compressor - like new!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by wilser, Jul 18, 2005.

1. I have decided that I don't want to lug around a rack full of gear, since most of my gig is through the PA, I have decided to sell my beloved BMAX and DC24 in order to get some floor units or small pedalboard.

BBE BMAX SOLID STATE - with input clipping fix directly from BBE.
    This is one of the greatest sounding bass preamps to date. It is similar to the tone circuit of the alembix F-1X. 3 band EQ with parametric MIDs voiced specifically for bass. Has a bright switch for that slap edge and also includes a built-in compressor and sonic maximizer. You can check the sounds on basstasters.com:
    http://www.basstasters.com/preamps/bmax.htm

Sounds great, doesn't it?

This unit was shipped to BBE to implement the input clipping mod/fix that a lot of people have complained about. So you no longer have to worry about your powerful output active bass clipping the input (this wasn't really an issue before if you kept the input gain down).

All this big tone can be yours for $200 ( price dropped from $220 ) shipped insured(street price when new is $300). The unit is like new and has never been used on a gig. It only sits idle with the occasional power on for practice. Includes original box and manual AND ALSO A FREE DUAL FOOTSWITCH TO TOGGLE SONIC MAXIMIZER AND COMPRESSOR.

RANE DC24 MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR/GATE/LIMITER
    Can be run in either independent stereo mode or multiband mode with the crossover. You can use the crossover to split your signal into low and hi and link both compressor's output to a single output in the unit. Then you can compress your lows independently from the highs. Or you can use it in stereo mode fully independet.

This is a must for any rack live or in the studio. Used by many pros and has been around for more than 15 years and it is still one of the leading compressors in the industry.

Also has effects loop for each of the low and high channels, so that you can, for example, patch in your distortion, octaver or filter to only affect the high frequencies. VERY COOL INDEED.

This unit is in mint condition and includes power supply. Manuals can be downloaded in PDF from Rane, which also has excellent tips on using the unit for bass. Asking price is $170 shipped insured (street price when new is $450).

NOTE: only 48 contiguous US states. PM if interested in either or both. Accept Paypal or USPS Money Order. Check accepted but not prefered and will only ship unit(s) once check has cleared.

2. I forgot to mention that I am also including a BBE dual foot switch specifically designed for the BMAX. You can toggle the compressor and the sonic maximizer from there. THIS IS INCLUDED FREE WITH PURCHASE OF BMAX.

3. rnlytton

rnlytton

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    PM sent regarding Rane.

Richard

4. i like to bump it-bump it, i like to ....BUMP IT!

5. bump me baby one more time

6. both still available.

7. price dropped on the BMAX!

8. If these don't sell by tomorrow they'll go on ebay, so take advantage of the small competition!

9. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    Would you consider a sansamp pre amp in excellent shape ( Like Brand New) and $50 for the BBE?
    Let me know.

10. what kind of sansamp? BDDI? I'll have to pass.

I'm going with a Boss GT-6B. I would consider this and provide with difference $$$.

11. last call for BBE BMAX + footswitch

12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA