Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE BMax Tube pre & Mackie 1400i power amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pgurns, Feb 15, 2006.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I'm sure everyone is familiar with the BBE pre. This IS the tube version not the solid state. I have a Groove Tube in there now but I also have a Electro Harmonix, NOS 70's GE and another Grovve Tube that I will be including also (4 tubes total)

The Mackie is
    1400 watts 4 ohm bridged
    1000 watts 8 ohm bridged
    500 + 500 stereo 4 ohms
    300 +300 stereo 8 ohms
    has variable horn EQ, sub woofer crossover, low pass filters and XLR thru outputs.
    This amp will run at 2 ohms all night as well.

Mainly looking to trade for a combo (pre/power) head. I will also consider cash offers but a trade would be easier for me. I figure the whole rig is worth about 650 bucks give or take.

Pics can be sent on request but I'm sure you all know what they look like. If you need specific pics of the backside or connectors just drop me a PM.

2. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Cmon folks nobody up for some amplification :)
    I'll take cash and even split them up if need be. I want these G-O-N-E

3. Bump for a friend ;)

Paul, get back to me on that Eden/Mackie PM. I'm not sure if I can do it yet, but I'll definitely check my options.

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Can I see some pics please, also are you interested in any trades?

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I'll snap some pics when I get home from work. As far as trades sure. this is my only amp so I'll need to replace it with something. What do you have?

6. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    here is a pic of the two

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Hey Buddy! Jason here,how about the tubes? I would like to replace the tube in my Madison E600 to try out a different "flavour" so how much? also I see my cab is in transit.
    Thanx man...

8. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I've got an Eden WT-400 that I was talking to the local shop about trading in toward a pre/power set up. How many rackspaces does the Mackie take up? 2?

9. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yuppers. 2 indeed. I always wanted to try some Eden amplification. Drop me a PM in interested.