1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BBE Bmax

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mg15, Mar 23, 2006.

1. mg15

mg15 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    I've been seeing a lot of these for sale on this site and other sites. Is there some sort of flaw with these?

2. I also has the same doubt but I tried the Tube model and like it a lot.
    BBE is well established products so I don't think they made some thing stupid but it could be that this is a utility sounding type preamp which may has no signature on so those people may wanted to get something more specific that is way they are out for sale. It should be a good preamp for multi-players.
    It could be a good utility preamp for anyone but I do have different type of preamps so I will not need it.

3. mg15

mg15 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    What do mean by "multi-players" and "utility". the reason Im asking is because i'm going to buy a Berg IP112 tomorrow and since I'm spending so much on it, the preamp i get has got to be cheap but also good. I'm looking for something that's versatile because these days I'm doing quite a bit of different things like jazz Upright bass and electric bass funk and pop stuff also. do you think this pre can do the job for all the stuff I do.

4. BBE Tube should do a good job for you since it has the sonic maximizer which is perfect for acustic bass gig but the thing you were asking for is a combo so you would need to get the power amp and the cab still if you like the BBE. Do you want to drive the ip112 with diferent preamp?

5. mg15

mg15 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX, USA
    Well, the ip112 comes with a built in power amp. all it lack is some sort of preamp. That's why I was asking.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    $189 at MF
    [​IMG]

7. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The Bmax is a fantastic deal. Its a very sweet, clean, pristine sounding pre with a very fast articulate response. There is nothing cheap about it. The built in comp is quite nice and the BBE circuit is great. Highly recommended.

8. I sold mine to get an Ampeg SVP-CL. I wish I kept the Bmax and I plan on getting another one someday.

9. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006