Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE Opto Stomp!?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zemaitis, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    So has anyone had the opportunity to try one of these out yet? I know that the release date has been pushed back a couple times but according to a few places they are "sold out".
    I'm interested in hearing anybodys feedback on these IF they are even available yet. I was going to buy one but bought a used EBS MultiComp off a fellow TBer instead since I once owned and loved one. Of course if I hear good things Im sure a BBE will eventually be in my posession.thanks in advance

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I didn't think it was out yet?

3. Anybody? I´m also planning to buy optical compressor and I would really like to hear oppinions about BBE opto stomp. Other finalists are Aphex punch factory and Compulator.

4. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    Yes, I've got one.

It's extremely transparent, almost to the point of 'is this thing on?'. But, that may just be the way I have it set. However, it does help with those peaks that like to send my rig into overdrive.

What else would you like to know? I'm not much on verbal description of effects, and a compressor most of all. I did try a RNC, and a dbx 163x before getting this thing. They are gone, and I'm not planning getting rid of the BBE.

D

5. Thanks Dhodgeh!

I have now EBS multicomp and I`m not quite satisfied with it. We usually use Optical compressor when recording bass tracks and I thought it might be good choice for live situation too. I´ve read really good things about demeter compulator, it sounds like LA2-compressor etc. I was wondering are other optical compressors sounding like LA2 or is it just demeter?

6. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i heard that BBE delayed the release of the optostomp because it wasn't up to standards or something?

7. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    Don't know about that, however the shop where I got mine said they had just gotten them in. This was over the July 4th weekend.

D

8. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ