1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BBE Opto Stomp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Ryan Mohr, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Up for sale is a BBE Opto Stomp. It is a great optical compressor. I would describe it as smooth, warm, and transparent. I am selling it because the compressor on my amp makes the BBE redundant. Here is TB'er bongomania's review: http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/optostomp.shtml

The pedal is about a year old. It is in pristine condition, but a few scratches because of the very thin finish. It comes with velcro on the bottom, and the original box and manual if desired. I am asking for $75.

[​IMG]

I am not interested in any trades, PM me for a quick reply. Also, I would prefer PayPal. Thanks!

2. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    PRICE DROP to $75!

3. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Gold Supporting Member

Bump for a great box at a great price!

I've owned one of these for over a year and it goes everywhere my bass goes. The sound is clean and smooth, without the 'pumping' or 'breathing' artifacts that are typical in stompbox comps. The only time I don't use it is when I'm recording with my LA-610.

4. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Thanks! The action is very warm, smooth, and transparent. The sound is reminiscent of the optical compressors of the '60s. Think Paul McCartney!

5. jhan

jhan Guest

PM sent

6. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    PM replied!

7. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    bump

8. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz?

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Does the LED give any indication of compression or just an on/off indicator?

9. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I'm pretty sure it's just an on/off indicator.

10. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I've decided not to sell the pedal so I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.