Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE Optostomp or another pedal compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tmu, Apr 6, 2005.

1. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this new pedal; I couldn't find any info on it. Otherwise, could someone recommend a good pedal compressor?

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    There are lots of good compressors around. If the BBE pedal functions identically to the rack unit, then it would be a good purchase. I have the BBE preamp, and the compressor on it is great.

Other pedals to check out:

EBS multicomp, Aphex Punch Factory, electroharmonic Black or White Finger (haven't tried this one out).

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I think they would have had a real winner if they combined the compressor pedal and the sonic maximizer into one box...

4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Many like the Demeter Compulator.

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    for those of you interested in the bbe stompboxes, i got in touch with the Australian distributor a few days ago and was told that they would be receiving the first shipment in about a month and that they would retail for around $200 AU. you will need to get your local store to order one in for you though as they wont sell to individuals.