BBE Sonic Stomp pedal ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Turlu, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Anyone has experience with these pedals ???

Can`t find them in Canada, not that I know of.

Let me know !
  2. I'm also interested in this pedal but haven't tried it yet.

Turlu, have you looked into other optical compressors? The Aphex Punch Factory or the Demeter Opto Compulator?

I know that the Aphex has a DI out so that makes it more appealing but the Demeter seems to get the best reviews. ?

Anyone care to make any comments about optical compressors?
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i believe that the sonic stomp is actually a footpedal version of the sonic maximizer circuitry... i havent tried one yet but they are pretty cheap on ebay ~ $100 US new.

bbe does do a footpedal optical compressor called the optostomp..

EDIT: heres a contact for the Canadian distributor.

12387 84TH AVENUE
    Surrey, British Columbia V3W 3G8

TEL: (604) 590-3344

according to , bbe products are available at musiciansfriend, sam ash, and guitar centre too..
  4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Thanks for the info. I will give Kief Music a call !!!
  5. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I got a Sonic Stomp to use with my YBA-200 and Avatar 410 Neo cab, to tighten up the lows a bit. In my application the difference is discernable, but not dramatic.

I have a Bmax pre (love it) in my rack rig, where the Sonic Max process seems to have significantly more impact.

The Stomp may be more beneficial for amp heads that have an effects loop, dunno. The YBA has no loop.

Still, every little bit helps sometimes and it's a nice pedal. Well built, very quiet and is true bypass. I like the thing.
  6. I owned one, but returned it after not seeing a $99.00 difference. YMMV.