Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BBE Testimonial

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cgworkman, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Some time ago I purchased a BBE BMax SS Preamp. I can't say enough good things about this preamp. Having used pre's that were much more expensive, I have to say this is a great unit.

However, recently my soundman was doing something. **Only God knows what he was doing...he's a soundman!** And he lost the little cap that holds the fuse in on the back of the unit. Well, as you probably know, the unit is dead without this tiny piece. Well, I emailed BBE's customer service explaining to them what happened and that I'd need a replacement. Not only did they respond very quickly, all the rep did was ask for my name and address and shipped a couple of them, including a bunch of spare fuses, for free.

Now, I know this small part night not be a big deal to some, but they could've charged me an arm and a leg for this item. They didn't.

So, needless to say, I very happy with BBE's product and their customer service! I'd reccomend them to anyone, anywhere!

Thank you Memo Romero!
    BBE service mangager
    800-233-8346 x116

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Yup, Memo helped me out too with a new input jack for my BBE 383. A semi-drunk guitarist caught his foot in my cable and pulled my rig over, badly torquing the jack. Memo gave me a replacement one for free, which I picked up right at BBE's front door.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Count me in. I bought an older 383 that needed some help. I posted some questions about it here. Judd from BBE, aka djnylonpants here at TB, searched me out and offered to help. I sent him my preamp, he fixed it, did a mod to update it, and cleaned it up in two days. Total charge was $0.

This is the exact reason I will be buying a BBE BmaxT when I am ready to go back to the power/pre setup.

-Mike

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats some hands on customer service.

5. That's also the same guy who takes care of G&L stuff. He sent me the bridge set screw for my L-2000.

Thanks!

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats were the name sounded fimilar from.

7. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    What's G&L's connection to BBE? I noticed I always see a lot of BBE stuff with G&L basses, etc. on the boxes, etc. Just curious...

8. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    AFAIK they're the same company.

9. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I thought that BBE is the comany that manages G & L. My understading was that they do not own G & L but the handle the day to day operations. I think someone in the Fender family still has veto power over what is done with the G & L name and products. Could be wrong.