BC RICH BASSES...Ewwww!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guitardefector, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello bass community. Is it only me or do any of you find BC Rich basses hideously and god-awfully UGLY??? I see a lot of them on Craigs and I just wonder, in my spare time, who the hell buys them?? BTW, I think Danelectros run a close second in ugliness. Any other contributions to this list would be greatly appreciated. Please, my apologies and no offense to those who already own them.

ps. I feel you could actually injure yourself seriously with the BC if it falls on you.

2. See the rules. No "ugly bass threads".

3. 4001

4001 Inactive

Sep 29, 2004
    Lake County, IL
    Beauty is in the eye of the bassholder.

4. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    ugly post, ewww

5. This is another useless thread.

They are "dated". Very 80s metal. If you're in a Kiss tribute band, a BC rich and a prosthetic tongue will be absolutely a necessity.

The US & Japanese BC Rich have a great reputation.

Yet, they look awkward and would consider one only if I was in a hair metal cover band. Tried to be in one but the band acted very rudely: after sending me the song list for the audition (about 10, 5 I knew already but still 5 new to learn), radio silence. No email, no call back. Unbelievable.

6. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Some people, including and especially me, like them.

The US-made instruments from mid-80's and prior go for big dollars. There's a reason for that. They're extremely well made and they sound and play great.

7. KimblesNimble

KimblesNimble

Jan 10, 2008
    My Eagle was stripped to the wood, stained, defretted and suped up. Its a sex bomb now, givin everyone whiplash!

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :meh:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.