1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bc Rich Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DumbChild, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Well, ive been thinking about puchasing a Bc Rich warlock, or beast because in my opinion they are supreme appearance wise. However at the same time i dont want to because ive heard they are of a crappy quality. I was just wondering if anyone has either played, or plays one and can tell me wether it is worth buying, or wether i should just look elsewhere cause it suks. Thanks guys

:bassist:

2. I think your best bet would be to use the search function as I am sure this has been discussed before. I cannot give any personal opinions as I have never played one.

Regards

Matthew

3. Yea, im currently having a quick look around, but not much luck. Ive searched the net a bit aswell but i seem to be unsucsessful. Ill keep at it

4. oo cheers man! thanks a heap, your a champion!

thanks again!

5. bought my nephew a BC Rich Bronze Warlock bass for christmas in 2004. I tried to get him to get something else, but you know how 13 year olds are.

Anyway, a year later he realized what he had bought. Well, what I had bought him anyway.

The strings buzz like a bee hive no matter how you adjust the bridge. There's absolutely not bright tone in the G string, and the B string is so muddy it barely changes note as you move down the neck.

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I used to own a 78 BC Rich Mockingbird. Increbible bass, excellent construction and quality.

The US BC Rich guitars are great instruments, the rest are hit or miss.

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I've heard great things about the Vintage BC Rich's back when they weren't so mass produced.

8. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    newer ones are good if you get at least an NJ series. anything below that are crap.

just FYI... I can't compare them to older ones for my lack of experience, but I really like my NJ beast.

9. Guess the only way to find out is to go to a music store and try one out. I would imagine them to be quite heavy and awkward to play specially as i play more on a diagonal then how ur supposed to.

10. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've owned a Warlock and it played rather nicely and sounded great. The only problem was slight neck dive. The Beast on the other hand was one of the most uncomfortable basses I've everplayed. Everything about it was awkward.

11. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC

just in defense: you get used to the beast. neck dive & weight solved by 4 inch wide strap

12. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas

That depends on the person. I never got used to it because of the bottom half of the bass. It was just too big and bulky for me.