Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BC Rich Devastator?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oxwah1331, Mar 27, 2001.

1. oxwah1331

oxwah1331 Guest

Mar 26, 2001
    I have heard rumors that BC Rich is concidering making replicas of The Misfits guitars. Is this true? i would kill for Jerry Only's Devastator Bass!

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    ive read that somewhere, but i dont remember where. sorry not much help.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    But... but... its a BC Rich!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Bad Angus! BadBadBad!!!:p

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Right Angus... RightRightRight...

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
  7. BichBass

BichBass

Mar 28, 2001
    San Diego
    Hey, have you guys tried a REAL BC Rich bass? An american made one, not a cheesy import? I play a custom bich bass. Before I bought it I tried EVERYTHING I could get my hands on from fender to Pedulla and just about everything else. I was looking for a bass that could to everything since I play a wide variety of music. My Bich is the ONLY one that could do it all, and without having to make any changes on my rig's set up either! The tone (clean) is awesome. It's added electronics (I went for the full actives) give me the ability to go from a P-bass sound (nice and clean) to the heaviest distorted sound anyone could want.

8. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    There's more info on www.misfits.com, but the rumors are true. I don't think they'll have graphite necks and solid rubber bodies tho.

9. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    Oh yeah, they're also getting they're own line of bass pickups (Active EMG's with no knobs whatsoever:) and guitar gtrings (Deam Markley i think)

10. oxwah1331

oxwah1331 Guest

Mar 26, 2001
    cool! thanks plenty.

and a message for those anti-BC Rich people out there:

a wise man once told me,
    "the only people who dont like BC Rich axes are those who dont have the balls to handle one"

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member