BC Rich makes 5 String?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Listen, May 28, 2002.

1. Listen

May 19, 2002
    How long has BC Rich made 5 strings, where can I find the, and why don't I own one?:confused:
  2. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    A) a long time
    B) anywhere that sells bc rich, like GC
    C) because your good taste tells you how lame they are
  3. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I'll accept (a) and (b) but (c) is wrong
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
    and now that I look at it, nobody sells them in 5, all 4 4 4 4 4! Damnit!:mad:
  5. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    a quick visit to their website reveals that you can get the NJ series warlocks and mockingbirds, as well as the innovator series, in five string versions

and you can always special order one if no one has them in stock, although i must ask why you would even want such an atrocity ;)
  6. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Perhaps he like the look of them.
  7. my American made 5 may not have the looks of the Warlock or Mockingbird, but it's got killer tone! probably has something to do with the active Bartolini set up.
  8. Listen

May 19, 2002
    right-o my good man;)
  9. The Mad Zak

The Mad Zak

Mar 20, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    The BC Rich website is not very good. They offer quite a bit that is not shown. For example, my son is a lefty, and they show very few left-handed models on the web page. However, do a search on the web and you'll find all kinds of left handed models for sale. To get the real scoop you need to go visit a dealer. I do agree, that being so into Metal you would think they would be leading the way with 5 stringers.

By the way....who is the idiot who says they an atrocity? The looks are for Heavy Metal. If you want to play bass for Ashlee Simpson then go buy a P-Bass. In Heavy Metal the REAL BC Rich's have been sought after for years for their wild looks, their ballsy tones, and incredible playability.

What do I mean by REAL BC Rich? The hand-made custom jobs. They are among the best made, best sounding basses on the market. I have a hand-made BC Rich Eagle 4 that I purchased used in the late 80's and I love it.

I'm going to start playing a 5 string, so I took it into three guitar shops in hopes of finding a 5-stringer that could compare in sound and playability. I was able to find a few that played very well and had a great feel, but I could find NOTHING that could match my 20 year old BC Rich for sound. The power and tone is phenominal through the entire range of the instrument. It is heavy, bright and punchy whether you are riding the low E or doing fills up high on the neck. Some basses sounded great when playing the low, open strings, some sounded great when doing fills, but none had it all like my Rich.

I've always felt a little biased toward the BC Rich's since I own one, but after playing them along side the current stock of $1200 Music Man's, Fenders, Ibanez, Spector, Warrick, etc I know it's a fact: BC Rich makes some of the best basses in the world.
  10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If you want to find the 5 string versions you need to hit up Ebay. That has been the only place I have seen them.

BTW, I own 3 BC Rich basses, they are all imports, and I love them all! :bassist: