Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BC Rich MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ripper, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    After reading the Dbl P thread I got an Idea... why not start a megathread for all of us who have or love BC Riches!

Ok... the main reason why I bought my beast was that I hated the "regular" shapes of the fenders and all of their copys... (ok... so I was 14 and cocky, but thats besides the point)... so I got an NJ Beast... I love the feel and shape of it. its one of the best basses i've ever played.

now some pics (sory about size):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now your turn! go for it!:D

2. Hmmm... I dont own one but I've been looking at getting a vintage mockingbird. They're the only shape I can stand, it has to be vintage cause I hate the new style mockingbird headstocks!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Had an 84 Warlock with a Kahler trem. Loved the sound, loved the neck, but I couldn't stand the points on the body. Honestly, with a more conservative model, I'd own another Rich.

4. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I just sold my mockingbird a month or two ago to a fellow TB'er ....admittedly, I miss it. I still have my BC Rich Virgin though...

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

I dig the body on the beast, it looks sleek yet still "wild"

I dislike warlocks, however... and mockingbirds.

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Still have my '82 custom Rich Wave.
    [​IMG]

Loved it for years, just don't play it much any longer.

It happens to be for sale, see the For Sale forum if you're interested, or PM me. :D

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That would be me! :D I'm now the very proud :smug: owner of this NJ Mockingbird.
    Sorry, I haven't taken any pics yet but here is one Kronos posted in the For Sale forum:

[​IMG]

BTW, that pic in no way does it any justice! I will post better pics later.

Kronos, that killer setup you did on it is now gone. I guess the different climates has changed things a bit so I'm
    going to set it up again.

OK, on to more of my BCR basses!

My NJ Innovator that is currently under restoration/modification. It was my first and I still love it!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and such of our instruments to each other without the negativity. Thank you.

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've owned a Warlock and a Mockingbird in the past and can say they were great instruments. I've recently played a new Beast and it was the most uncomfortable and awkward bass I've ever played. Give me an 80's USA Rich anyday!

I love the old "R" headstock logo!

Attached Files:

9. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Me too!

I also like the tradional BCR headstock over the Beast, Widow, 80's pointy, or the weird one my Innovator has.

10. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i like that Innovator (for a BC Rich). i'm not a fan of the pointy ones, but i like the more traditional "regular" ones.

11. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've wanted to have a rich ignitor 4 string bass/widow headstock built for years now...there were several bc rich threads on here already, but they were sort of old...what do you guys think of the new virgo? i think it's pretty hot...like a sexy female widow ;)

13. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Wow, man...that sucks. How bad did it go out?

Oh, and Ripper, CLEAN YOUR FRETBOARD, SON!!

14. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Ehh, she has started to buzz above the 12th fret pretty bad. It's all good though. Once it settles in it will stay "setup" until
    I change to different strings. BTW, did I tell you how much I like it? :p

15. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I had someone Photoshop this one up for me as something I will eventually buy. The 'shop was on an NJ but I'll get a USA Supreme and a birdseye maple fretboard. The silver metal flake should be a bit more shiny as well :D

I present, the Discobird :D

[​IMG]

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    not too many birdseye maple fretboarded bcr's out there, for sure...i wonder what the upcharge on birdseye is :D

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Most BC Rich's don't do much for me, but I do gotta say that I like the Eagle body style.

18. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    That really sucks that the setup went out like that.

Anyway, I'm super happy that you really dig the bass. I took the best second hand care of it that I could. When I got the bass of the 'bay, the hole still existed in the back, and the top hole that the previous owner put in it was repaired, but still had a sizeable divot in it...I did my best to repair it, and I think it came out pretty well.

At least now I know it's in good hands.

19. [​IMG]

Solid figured maple!

20. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Dunno. This one's at least 2-3 years off as I wanna get a 7-str first. I suppose I'll find out, though. Hopefully they'll do it as I'd rather have maple than rosewood. I recall seeing a purpleheart fretboard on one of their customs so I doubt it'll be an issue.