1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD BC Rich Mockingbird Bass 1981

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fair Warning, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Fair Warning

Fair Warning Deliverin' the Goods! Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Mint 1981 BC Rich Mockingbird Bass, original, double reverse-P pickup orientation, original switches and electronics. Fantastic black finish, which is hard to believe is so nice since it is a 35 year old bass. Therefore, I believe the bass has had one very nice refinish job to it. The neck is straight and solid. Nice frets, so you can tell it has not been played much over the years. The brass bridge does show some oxidation, as well as the screws in each of the pickups. The electronics work perfectly, with the exception of a little scratchiness in some of the controls. The sound is bright and clear, just like an original old school BC Rich should. This bass, with its vast array of controls gives me the widest range of sound forming potential of any bass I have ever played.

This bass is in fantastic shape, with a great low action, ready to rock!

I am looking for $1600 for a quick sale, or will trade for another bass of equal value: BC Rich Eagle, EBMM Stingray, or ?

Case is original and is a little scuffed up. Locks work w/keys included. Interior has a little bit of a musty smell to it.

I will carefully package the bass/case and ship it to you FedEx Ground, with insurance. I will split the shipping charges with you.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Thisguy and Jaymi like this.
  2. DanBass

DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    Good God that is spectacular. GLWTS.

de1orean and Fair Warning like this.
  3. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    can you tell if it is maple or koa? any sign of stringers underneath the black?

4. Fair Warning

I have no signs of imperfections to tell me one way or another. I kinda doubt its Koa. Ill take a look inside the electrical compartment and see what I can see.

9c1ny likes this.
  5. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    What's the weight on this guy? And nut width? I assume 34" scale.

6. Fair Warning

Bumped......with a price reduction!

7. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Weight? Nut width?

And are you looking for a Stingray 4/5, and what color?

8. Fair Warning

I'd be looking for Stingray 4 in Black, Tobacco Burst, White, Red or Red Burst, Rosewood Fretboard. H or HH...

As for the Mockingbird, it is a 34" Scale, Not sure of the weight, but it is average with everything else I have, so maybe 9-9.5#. The Neck is more like a P width, so what is that, 1-5/8"?? Ill measure it when I get home.

Thanks for your interest.

9. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Alas, I have an Ernie Ball Family Reserve Stingray H, in Blue Sparkle, with an ebony fingerboard and roasted maple neck ... damn! ;-)

10. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Tampa Florida
    FARG THATS HAWT!! Brings me back to my glory days. I had a Custom Double P Black Mocking Bird with Maple neck and "abortion headstock..Biggest mistake selling it off..Ive never seen another like it...Yours is a Beauty and makes me want to play some old school Metal! GLWTS

11. DanBass

DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    How is this still for sale?! Seller is a class act, having dealt with him in the past - and this bass is just an absolute JEWEL... someone is going to be VERY HAPPY!!

12. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    PM me your bottom on it, I am in the market, thanks

13. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The Mockingbird is one of the few "pointy" guitars/basses that I've always really liked. That thing is schweet!

Fair Warning and Spanky(Andy) like this.
  14. +1 Stunning bass. Wish i had the coin.

Andy

Fair Warning likes this.
  15. Str8outtaline

Str8outtaline Banned

Feb 23, 2016
    Hopefully this helps push the sale…Very versatile bass!!

DanBass likes this.
  16. lowdbass

lowdbass Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Indianapolis In
    PM me if still available thanks