1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BC Rich Mockingbird Heritage, without the cloud inlays?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by narbinit, Apr 5, 2009.

1. narbinit

narbinit

Apr 5, 2009
    I've been checking out this bass and it looks mighty fine. The only problem i have is that the pearl clouds look a little out of place. Especially playing in a metal band haha. I was wondering if there was a version that didn't have those kinds of inlays.

Thanks

2. if you get the lower model it has those diamond inlays, but i dont think its neckthrough

3. Hamerguy

Hamerguy

Mar 29, 2008
    I guess that kind of fancy inlay work was done to show craftmanship. When these BCR models came up there was no metal scene as you know it today. You could see those in bands of any style, even funk and soul. To bring back this is nothing else like Fender reissuing their old models in the vintage series. This is BCR's part to show where they came from, I think it is good.

4. narbinit

narbinit

Apr 5, 2009
    Now that i've looked into it the only ones with the diamond inlays are older models, which are either overpriced or a lesser model. I suppose they wouldn't be that bad once they hear my actual playing rather than looks :)

5. lavmonga

lavmonga

Jul 27, 2007
    New York, NY
    For the money, you'd be better off with an 80's Japanese neck thru. They're fairly cheap these days (for an 80's Japanese bass). I have an 83 NJ mockingbird and it's sweet.