Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BC Rich NJ Mockingbird Quilt Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kronos, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi everyone. I'm putting up my BC Rich Mockingbird for sale. It has Active electronics, a quilt top, and is in very good condition. I am the 2nd owner of the bass, and the person before me tried to move the upper strap button on the bass twice. The holes have been repaired, and as you can see in the following pics, the repairs are done fairly well.

I'm asking $350 O.B.O.

Will ship to the Continental U.S.

I will post pics later today

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Waiting for pics...:ninja:

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'll post the pics after I get home from work...sorry about that...

A little more detail...the color is their "blood red" transparent color, which is what they released their basses in a couple of years ago. Very nice color. The hardware is "smoke chrome".

Here's a low res pic of it after I bought it:

[​IMG]

*edit
    This pic was taken with a disposeable camera, sorry for it not being so clear.
    You can't quite see the quilting in this pic, but the pics I'll be posting later show the quilting better.

4. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Here's higher res pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one of the repair spots-that's actually a reflection on the ridge of the repair, not a white spot...

[​IMG]

Here's the other repair spot...you can barely see it on the left.

5. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Is there any dings, dents, or scratches?

BTW, why are you selling it?

6. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    The dings are shown in the last two pics. They've been repaired, and aren't as noticeable.

I'm selling it because I really don't have a use for it anymore, as I have two 5 stringers, a 6 string, and a 4 string fretless. I used it in practice a couple of times, and I used it live twice. So, I should cut back on some of my stock since I can't afford to be a collector.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I won't buy another bass, but when I do, I'll probably eliminate another one from the gear.

7. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

That bass should be used to answer all the many "What's the Best Bass for Metal" threads!!!

That is CLASSIC metal look, from the traditional headstock to the dual Ps.

Wish I was in the market for a metal bass, always had a soft spot for BCRs.

BTW, is that a Black Virgin behind it??? Sweet!!!

8. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yep...that's a black Virgin bass behind it. It's old as dirt, and as I found out recently, it's made of plywood. I don't want to part with it for sentimental reasons since it's the bass I've had for the longest time. I felt bad since I hardly played it, so I defretted it, and now it's a regular once again. Surprisingly good tone for a plywood bass. (not to mention that after I got it many years ago, I swapped out the stock PU's for EMG's, and put a BadAss II bridge on it.)

Good eye for picking it out!

9. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    PM'ed you an offer!

BTW, here is my black beauty...
    [​IMG]

10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    SWEET!! Virgins Kick A$$!!!!!!

11. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yes they do!

I hunted for one for a few years before I found that one. I love it!

12. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I love virgins...(the bass, for all you dirty minded folk! I want a woman with experience! :D )

You should've seen the virgin when I first got it. It was about $125 when I bought it...there was corrosion on the PU's and the bridge...the little screws that raise each saddle stuck out of the saddles so far that they cut into your hand when tremolo picking (can you say Tetanus?), so I knew there would be a lot involved in getting it playable...Plus, cosmetically, it had buckle rash on the back...which I still haven't gotten around to fixing. It only cut through the clear coat, but you can see it. Anyway, now the Virgin is totally playable, and really comfortable sitting down (the lower bout sits perfectly on my thigh)...so if I have anything to do with it, the Virgin will be a heirloom.

@Kelly Lee...that's a SWEEEEET virgin you've got there...that's' the NJ model, right? Mine is an old school Platinum virgin...Suprisingly, it was routed with both P and J PU's, which made for an easy EMG swap...the only thing that was a bugger is that the control cavity is so small, that it barely fits the 9V.

13. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    :)
    Yea, mine is an NJ. BTW, I know what you are talking about on that bridge. That sucker cut the hell out of my hand a few times. :mad:

Anyways, I did the same as you. I loaded it up with EMG active P/J's and I managed to squeeze two (read that TWO) 9 volts in there! I went with a Hipshot Type A also. I really love not having my hand bleeding after a song.

Did you see my PM Kronos?

:)

14. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yes, I did. You should have a reply...unless there is some lag.

BTW, here's a pic of my Virgin....

You can see she's had some play time, as I wore the black off of the bridge:

[​IMG]

*edit-This was before I defretted it...

15. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    PM'ed you back. Its all good. :)

Checked out your band on myspace. Dude, those are some heavy riffs! :bassist: I like it...a lot!:D Any of those tracks have the Virgin on them?

16. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nah..."Smith" has my Carlo Robelli 6 stringer, and "Microcosm of the Bottle" has my 5 string ESP F255. There's no way I'd be able to tune that Virgin that low (low B on the 6'er, low A on the 5'er) without making some serious mods.

If you want a better copy of our songs, you can download them for free from my band's website in my sig.

Glad you like!!!

17. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Trashcan man says: "Bumpty Bumpty Bump"

18. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    SOLD

19. Kelly Lee