1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BC rich platnium series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simo98, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Found a bass for sale near me, $300 (AUD) he says its a 'BC Rich Platnium Series - Limited Edition'

Comes with a hard case, and EMG pickups. Needs new strings but id do that anyway.

anyone had any experience with these? I cant find too much info on them, but $300 seems like a good deal.

Thanks

2. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    IRC the last one i priced (back in like 98 when i was UBER GOTH) was a warlock platinum and I believe it was around $1700 CAD. if your in to it and it plays w2ell sounds like a good deal to me

EDIT: just checked the bay, there going for around 300 USD

3. Platinum series is/was their top of the line bolt on import series...not sure they even make them anymore

they put out several "Limited Edition" guitars and basses....most of them simply had a graphic, or a color not available on their genral production models....some simply had the older style headstocks...instead of the inline

your still probaby looking at an agathis or basswood body with marginal hardware....

$300.00 is a fairly average price here in the U.S.

so unless it is really something you want i would pass

and I'm a B.C. Rich Fan

if you want a decent B.C. Rick find an older Nagoya (Japanese made) model.....as they are still affordable....

recently i tried a couple of the newer NT and heritage models...i wasn't impressed

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I had one back in the 80's (when the headstock was only pointy). I kinda miss it.

IMO it's a very good bass. Not sure what $300.00 AUD is worth over here, but I'd pay $300.00 for one. I think I paid $450.00 new back around 1988 or so.

5. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I think i might have to go have a look at it, if they go for around 300 in the states they probably a lot more expensive than that here, its about the same price as a second hand squier to give you a price comparison.

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Mine was MIK if that means anything. It was a pretty nice axe.