Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BC Rich Thunderer USA Made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bottomdweller70, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Up for sale is an excellent condition BC Rich Exclusive Thunderer bass in an awesome sparkle blue color. This is a US handmade bass that retails for $3000+. I am the original owner and bought the bass new roughly 1.5 years ago. You can see very similar pics of the bass on the BC Rich website under the Handmade basses section to get additional views of the beautiful custom paint job.

The bass was named Thunderer for good reason. The body is solid mahogany with a 24 fret ebony fingerboard and beefy neck-though construction. This bass has "tank" written all over it. Chrome Grover tuners and the legendary Rich "R" adorn the traditional style BC Rich headstock. The bass is equipped with two massive Seymour Duncan Basslines MM style pickups that pump out the bottom end. I upgraded the passive eq to the Basslines STC-2p 2-band active eq circuit. As such, the pickup selector is now a dumby switch and the control knobs are master volume, pick-up blend, and a stacked bass/treble. I will include the original chrome knobs with the bass. Because of the contour of the body, the Basslines lower knob of the stacked set, would not fit the opening of the bass. I had the knob machined down to fit the body opening and it is now flush with the top treble control knob. A conversion back to the original passive set-up wouldn’t be difficult to accomplish. The bass is currently set-up and tuned to C-G-C-F.

The bass has been played and has some very minor blemishes to it. There is a noticeable dent/paint chip(less than pencil eraser size) to the finish along the bottom of the bass directly below the controls as well as another minor finish dent(smaller than previous one) on the back center of the body. The top edge of the headstock also has a small, thin surface scratch. I also had the misfortune of spilling "super-glue" along the edge of the bass behind the bridge that dripped down the side of the bass by the strap-lock. It is very small but noticeable. From a few feet, none of these blems are noticeable and none affect the playability of the bass. A used hardshell case is also included. It is in good shape, but one of the three case locks is bent, but does snap shut.

The bass is solid and sounds and plays terrific. It is one of the most beautiful basses I have ever owned. My pics don’t do the finish justice. As stated, the US handmade Thunderer retails for well over $3000. $899 plus shipping and its yours. Email me at jeff.e.mason@insightbb.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I have to say this bass looks awesome!! If only I didn't have a lakland 55-01 on order... Can you say Gibson Ripper on steroids!!! And for a custom made bass!!

Is this from the Bernie Rico era or is this one of his sons designs? It like a latter make.

Best of luck

Bump for the Boom Bass!

~m

3. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Simple yet sexeh. Love that bass. Can't afford it anymore though :) Bump for you

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow, i didn't know this bass belonged to a talkbasser...sweet bc rich...i've had a hankerin' for a bc rich ignitor bass for years now :D good luck, man...i wish i could take it off your hands

5. I believe the design is from the Bernie Rico era. Huge, thick sound from this thing....

6. Yeah, that is one of the cooler BC Riches I've seen. Probably great for my liver.

7. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Can't believe I'm going to buy two basses at once on my small budget but... ygpm..

8. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Rich customs are sweeeet basses. I'm trying to sell one too. :D
    bump for ya

9. Yeah, I haven't seen this bass anywhere else either. Very sweet indeed!

10. Great for your liver and your spleen. Helps with digestion as well.....

11. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Just in case you change your mind, my offer still stands. I'll soon have feedback from another bass (the Alembic Persuader m5Yates is selling) which hes sending the way I want. Don't hesitate and drop me a PM if you change your mind :)

12. I will....

13. OK...anyone willing to trade?

I am looking for amps. Will consider a Tech 21 LM600, Mesa 400+, Ampeg SVT Classic, or any pre/power amp combination...preferably Tech 21 pre.

Also, willing to negotiate with a Tech 21 B410 cab.