For Sale BC Rich USA Warlock (Restored)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basspounder, May 6, 2021.

1. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Price:
    $2300.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for your consideration is a restored USA BC Rich Warlock Bass serial# 89118 (34" scale). I really hate to let this one go but the time has come. I want to inform you of the condition when I received it (will include some photos before restore bass was red ). This Warlock bass was beat up but playable. USA Warlock basses are very rare to come by with this headstock so I bought it. It had 2 circles of wood missing out the back which were repaired the head stock had a piece of wood missing not that big and not by the tuners which was repaired and the body was full of dents. The bass never had any tuning issues before the restore. One of the switches in the preamp is bent a little (photo with black paper clip on it) but I did not want to replace it so to keep the preamp as how it came and all the switches do work. I had to replace one of the tuners (the E string) due to when I received it there was a Schaller tuner and it was replaced with a Grover wavy tuner to match the rest of the tuners. The Badass bridge was in need of replacing so I did with a new one. The pickups were ordered from Nordstrand to replace the originals and I do not have them. The electronics work as they should. I am including pictures so that you will not be surprised and know that I am listing everything I can about the bass. I took it to Dean Gatewood Custom Guitars and Dean restored the bass. Dean replaced the logo due to it was a sticker and when he refinished it the logo bubbled but looks great. The finish was also removed from the fret board and I informed Dean not put the gloss on the fret board. There is some fretboard wear I believe starting on 11 or 12th fret going down about 4 frets according to my eyes that was there when I purchased and this is by the E string at the edge of the neck but does not affect playability. I took pictures along the whole fret board and hopefully you can see everything. This bass is in great shape comes with a BC Rich coffin case which has ware and scratches but does the job. The pictures do not do this bass justice. I never thought that I would ever sell this bass or the ones I will be putting up for sale but I have been diagnosed with dupuytren's disease which causes trigger finger and then your fingers to curl and you are unable to straight them out. I have been treated with the injections but only got temporary relief. Most likely will have to have surgery on both hands and it may not correct it. I will be putting more basses up for sale due to this condition as I am losing my ability to play. If you have any questions at all or want to make an offer, please open up a private conversation with me rather than posting questions/offers here in the thread. Thanks for looking! The photos show the condition of this instrument. Shipping (FedEx) is included in the asking price and please NO TRADES. PayPal only for payment and I ship in the U.S. (Lower 48) only.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg 31.jpg 32.jpg 33.jpg 34.jpg 35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg

2. Hop Jam

Hop Jam

Feb 16, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    I’ll bet that thing has been through some interesting nights.

JoshS and Basspounder like this.
  3. aln413

aln413

Jan 23, 2008
    Fontana, Calif.
    WOW!!!! Love this!!!!

Basspounder likes this.
  4. prue

prue Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    New York
    Spector, DR strings
    Great job. Looks great. GLWTS

Basspounder likes this.
  5. DanBass

DanBass Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    Most importantly I hope you find a way to beat this, as I hate to see your passion taken. At worst I wish you peace and relief.

Best wishes and good luck to you!

6. Looks great! It's sunburst not red now, right?

Basspounder likes this.
  7. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Yes sunburst now.

8. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    I owned a very similar bass back in the late 80's, early 90's. Upside down tuners with rosewood head stock laminate, (yours is only the second one I've seen like that), humbuckers instead of Split P's, large quilt, maple, solid, not just the top. As I got older, it did not fit my Dad band image and was not comfortable to sit and play. It was a looker though. Traded it for an early Modulus PJ.
    GLWS

Basspounder likes this.
  9. morguedoc71

morguedoc71

May 22, 2009
    Not gonna lie. I'm pretty tempted by this! :drool::drool::drool:

Basspounder likes this.
  10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    This is pretty awesome.. my favorite BCR headstock shape

11. bajaandy

bajaandy Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Escondido
    Wow! Very nice resto! GLWS!

12. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    Do you know the year this was made

13. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    i have the same style n type it’s mid 80’s this bad ass bass kiks kiks kiks ass you can get EVERYTHING EVERY sound on it i’m not allowed to show my base on someone else’s profile I wish I could this base with the mahogany body next through has a resination tone it is the king of all bases funk slap gospel it doesn’t matter iOS 6 basis it’s still my number one base 35 years later
    This bass has deaths sustain toned cloudy and I’m not even the guy who owns this particular bass but I own one just like it same headstock same neck through bought it in New York in 1987

14. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    depth sustain tone n clarity damn auto correct

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 25, 2021