Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BC Rich Warlock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pratticus, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Pratticus

Pratticus

Aug 27, 2005
    Hey guys, just joined here, and I'm a pretty new bass player overall..about four weeks or so..I don't really know a whole lot about basses in terms of lingo, so if someone could come and help me by typing in layman terms, that'd be great...

Anyways, so I have a BC Rich Warlock (5-String, NJ series), and I've heard people say that warlock's suck...but I dunno how they suck...I mean, mine is fine, as far as I know...though, there is a lot of buzzing kind of noise when the strumming gets to fast or too hard...well it generally does it a lot on the low B string, anyways....

So, once again, some help on what's wrong, if there's anything I can do to fix it, because this is my first bass, and it's my baby...

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Sounds like you need a truss rod adjustment. And yes, BC Rich's do get a bad rap, although there is really nothing wrong with NJ series ones.

3. Pratticus

Pratticus

Aug 27, 2005
    okay...what's a truss rod...?

4. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
  5. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Just an update. I know from being a 6 string guitar player. B.C Rich's especially Warlocks have always been know to go out of tune. You'd play one song and have to tune it. I'm heard good things about their basses tho. I'm 90% sure their poorly crafted guitars in the 90's is what gave them the bad rep.. not the basses ;)

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Really? I've always heard good things about their NJ guitars. They're not the best, but you can't go too wrong with them. Or atleast, that's what the consensus is. YMMV, of course :)

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Thier basses in the 90s sucked too. Suposedly the new NJs are much nicer, I've not seen one in person. My expiriences with BC Rich basses have been well documented here.

A good setup job by a decent guitar tech will probably fix your problem, or at least help. Unless you know what you are doing I don't suggest trying to setup the bass yourself, you'll do more harm than good that way.

Good Luck

8. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    The NJ series guitars are very good. So are the new ones in general.

Yes they all get bad rep for having weird shapes (OH DEAR, something that doesn't look like a Fender, Heaven forbid someone makes a bass look different :rolleyes: ) Anyways the guitars all seem like they should be used in metal.

The warlocks have the most boring shape of the BC Riches but IMHO they are still good.

BC Rich all the way!!!!!! :bassist: