BC rich

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by werbo, Jan 14, 2002.

1. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    Does anyone play a BC rich bass? I'm thinkin of gettin one when i get enough money...On ebay i saw a neon transparent bass by BC rich...i think it was the beast or warlock. All i wanna know is if there worth the money... thanx a lot...!
  2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    see through basses are only good if there is a scantily clad woman on the other side.

seriously... the USA br rich guitars and basses are like any usa model... first rate..... very well respected and well built. they do look damn cool too. but... the less expensive ones that find their way into musicians friend and the likes are pure garbage. they are made with appearance in mind.... defenitly not playability
  3. i wouldnt get a bc rich....especially one thats not american....there are better...if you dont feel like spending a lot get a cort curbow..theyre nice and pretty low priced
  4. USA made yes, imports definitely no way.
  5. My opinion on the BC Rich Beast and Warlock:
    Look awesome in a Goth or Death Metal band, but look good almost nowhere else. I really dig the coffin cases you can get for 'em, though.

As far as playability goes, they aren't the highest quality, even the American made ones. If I were to ever get one, I would absolutely upgrade the crap out of it to make it sound even halfway tolerable.

Now if Fender or Yamaha made a Beast or Warlock, that would be a different story.
  6. BassRacer

Mar 22, 2001
    I have six (yes 6) BC Riches. Two acrylics (Warlock
    and Mockingbird). Two Platinums (Warlock and
    Virgin). A NJ Beast, and a USA Warlock.
    I have heard a lot of people trash BC Rich and I'll
    never understand why. Granted, you love or hate
    the body styles, but as far as payablity goes,
    when properly set up, they are sweet. I don't want
    to offend anybody, and I'm sure I will, but both of
    my Platinums play much faster and smoother than
    my USA Precision. Go into a store and try one
    and decide for yourself.

7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about. The USA models are very high quaility.
  8. I played a warlock at Guitar Center and didn't like it too much. I play mostly funk stuff so it really wouldn't look that good in my band anyway. The body of the Beast is very cool though. I guess if I ever had any money to throw away I could get it and hang it on my wall for decoration but that's just about all I would use it for.
  9. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    ive got a platinum warlock and i hated teh original stock pickups so i but a emg p/j set in there and the bass sounds great (neck heay as hell but for a 40 min gig not to bad) but i got my 6er now so the ol bc is being neglected at the moment but with some emgs that bass can kick
  10. I played one a while back. Decent tone, but I was playing through a nice Peavey Rig, which would make any bass sound at least decent. Pretty bright and snappy. The playability was OK, except I don't dig the balance. And be careful not to stab yourself.
  11. werbo

werbo Guest

Sep 8, 2001
    kingston NY
    thanx for your help...i'm still low on cash so i have a while to get a new bass....What other brands are good(but under around 700-800 bucks)?

12. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    theres a ton of info on that... you could do a search and get access to it... but because you asked nicely...

Lakland Skyline!!!
    ibanez ATK or BTB
    MTD kingston or heir
    MIA fenders
    Peaveys (millenium, maybe a cirrus)
    Carvin (LB20, B4, B5, LB70 or LB75)
    Hamer Cruise bass

if you look at used intruments theres a lot to be had for 800 bucks. good luck!
  13. Get a Fender Standard Jazz bass V for around $400 (I think, it was $600 Canadian, and that is about the conversion rate). It is the best bass for teh price that you can probably find. If you like the V style of BC Riches, you might try a Dean. I had been looking at a BC Beast for my guitar, but chose a Dean instead. They have basses and guitars that are like the flying Vs 'cept they have another horn on the front, which allows it to sit on your lap when you play sittin down.
  14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    BC Rich Eagle Bass

This is for sale on the Guitar-villa webpage for $889 u.s.d.

15. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I still have my made in USA Ironbird from my pointy bass days. Looks cool, not very player freindly IMO.

Wanna buy it? LMAO

16. o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    mikemulcahy...i think im interested in that ironbird, need details tho
  17. o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    i hear ya man

18. Now I know how you got into meds, got pretty good at stiching yourself up after gigs did you?

I have seen USA BC Rich basses go for more than Fenders. There is a place about 20 minutes forom my work that has/had a USA Widow bass. It was pretty sweet. Kind of pricey.
  19. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I love B.C Rich basses!!!! I only havr two though!!
    I have a platinum series Warlock w/Bartolini P-Bass pickup, badass 2 bridge and a hipshot.
    I also have an American Warlock which is fairly standard!! But not for long!!!!
  20. I still own four BC Rich's from my metal 80's days. All of them are Bolt-On N.J. Series (wish I had some neck throughs).

I know some of you will want to kill me, but.....I had already played Ric, Fender P, Yamaha BB series, and Fender MusicMaster. I did not like the feel, weight, etc. of any of them. My first BC Rich was the Eagle. I love the thin fast neck, and yes it was lighter than the others mentioned (especially the Ric).

My best find was the Ironbird. A friend sold it to me as parts only with the case for $75.00. I put it back together with Schaller tuners, a Hipshot, Badass bridge, and EMG's. All of them are strung with Rotosounds.