1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BC Rich

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gilgad2000, Mar 2, 2008.

1. gilgad2000

gilgad2000

Feb 12, 2007
    I'm thinking of getting a BC rich bass (either WMD widow 5 string or Warlock 5 string) and have no idea about them can I please have a few reviews for their 4 ans 5 string models before I spend **** loads of cash on one. Can you please let me know if on the 5 string models the string spacing is the same as on the 4 string ones or if they have pushed it closer together.

Thanks,
    Matt.

2. FrankDV

FrankDV

Nov 16, 2007
    Ive never played any of the 5 string models but i own 2 4 string models and love them. Try them out before you purchase them though. They might not be your thing

3. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Banned

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    bcrichplayers.com

A vault of info. I myself found acouple of my own BC Riches through everyone there :)

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Search function. A wealth of information at your fingertips.

I think the general consensus is that the newer models (from the '90s and newer) are not up to the standards set in the '80 by B.C Rich.

Still, go to a GC and play one and see how you like it.

5. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I've owned two older (early 00s) NJ series basses the widow is going to be a PIA to practice with. I had a beast bass for a while and that thing was more of a show bass rather than a player

6. i had a 5 string NJ warlock. balance is horrible, and the tone aint much better
    ~gR~

7. kubacki

kubacki Guest

May 24, 2003
    Brunswick, Me
    I used to own a Platinum Warlock 4 string. Loved the look and sound (changed the stock electronics), but that neck was way too long for me to play comfortably and the balance is terrible. Try before you buy. I miss mine, despite moving on to better things.

8. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007

I did as well, it was a great sounding & playing bass. Weighed a ton though.

Nice basses, underrated tone in my opinion.