1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BDDI AND RPM Together

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LowGo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. LowGo

LowGo

Jan 25, 2008
    Just got the RPM and it sounds great between my bass and SVT6 PRO. Now I want to add my PBDII to the chain. I'm looking to shave some time off of the experiment curve. Anyone have any ideas as to order, connections and settings that sound good? I'm playing through an Aggie GS412. Mostly rock.

Thanks.

2. LowGo

LowGo

Jan 25, 2008
    Bump

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

This is now my #1 bass rig. I use it for many styles of music, but I especially recommend it for rock!

l_e82d8e3eb43d75f9572d6b1bff7d46a8.

I dial in sparkle with the Presence knob of the RBI, and growl with the para mid of the RPM. I love it.

:bassist:

4. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    run your BDDI through the loop of the RPM so that you can blend the tones together rather than stacking everything up in series. take the uneffected out on the rear of the RPM into the BDDI and the output of the BDDI into the effects return of the RPM with mix button set to 50/50. adjust the overall mix using the volume of the BDDI. your final level will be set by the master of the RPM. i'd also try running this into the power section of the Ampeg, bypassing the preamp altogether.

JR