BDDI works well with Fulltone Bassdrive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by karter2000, Feb 24, 2006.

1. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada

I own a Sansamp BDDI which is on all of the time as a preamp. However, I'm not crazy about the overdrive that I get from it. I was wondering how the Fulltone would sound in front of the BDDI. I tried one the other day and I really like it. I usually set the BDDI to "SVT" with the blend about 50%, and I use a Geddy Jazz. I've owned lots of overdrive/distortions, and I find that when they are run into the BDDI, the sound is too compressed and highs are cut out completely.

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    You might try the MXR Bass preamp DI. I played one yesterday and it seemed to have a lot going for it and the distortion worked well.
    I'm holding out for the BDDI, but the MXR impressed me.
  3. superkicky

Sep 3, 2005
    Check the sound sample thread, I just posted an OD-3 going into the BDDI on the SVT setting. Might give you an idea of what you can do with the Bassdrive. If you want me to use a Jazz, I can do that too.
  4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I was running a Fulltone Full-Drive 2 into my programmable SABDDI for a while and it worked fine - certianly no loss of highs - it just wasn't the tone I was looking for. I found an OD tone that I really like out of my SA and took the Full-Drive out of my chain.
  5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I sorta agree. The BDDI does compress and cut some of the highs, that is how it tries to get the SVT sound. So it will affect the OD. But I wouldn't say it cuts the highs completely.

I use a BDDI to tame some of the more extreme distortion pedals I own.
  6. sorry to highjack this but, EricF what is the OD tone setting on your programmable SABDDI? I just got one and I'm searching for a good OD sound