1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BdP Travel Bass. The best sounding stick bass ever!!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by gianlucarenzi, Aug 10, 2013.

1. How many times bass players have problems carrying their instrument around the world? The anwers is ALWAYS! From the moment you live home to the moment you arrive on the stage it’s a nightmare. Yes, you can choose to play the house bass or a rented bass but most of the time they are unplayable.
    That’s why after having checked a basic prototype realized by the Master Desiderio Quercetani I got involved in the development of a high quality and high portability travel bass which is going to be on the market soon equipped with a hard case bag as big as a normal suitcase. The genius of Desiderio and my experience in performing all over the world for many years have brought us to finalize an instrument which is the closest you can get to a real bass in terms of playability and the smallest you can get in terms of size and weight. The Travel Bass by Bottega di Parma features removable neck, removable shoulders, fishman full-circle pickup and many other useful inventions and IT SOUNDS GREAT!
    www.facebook.com/travelbass
    www.gianlucarenzi.com

check these links out...

2. maxito

maxito Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    This sounds great, and looks like a major leap forward in travel bass options.
    I checked out the website, but could not find information about cost or ordering. Do you know the target date for availability?
    http://www.bottegadiparma.com/

3. MR PC

MR PC

Dec 1, 2007
    Nothing very unusual about the design of this instrument, from what I can tell. It looks nice, but disassembling for transport is more of PITA than it's worth, imo. Perhaps you could provide some more solid links to the details of the instrument construction.

4. This looks and sounds like a great idea, but I remain clueless where it is sold in the US and what the cost is. Does anyone have this information?

5. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    It looks really cool and having Marco Panascia as an artist will really help get the message out.

I think they are still deciding the pricing, on the Facebook page they mention working on it. It will be good to get some more solid information on price and construction etc..

6. Kai Sanchez

Kai Sanchez Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Miami
    I sent them a message a few days ago and got this:

Hello, thank you for contacting us.
    Travel Bass is still in the development stage, the case is still in the design stage, for this the price is not completely defined yet, but it will be around $4000/4500.
    Travel Bass official website will be online soon for all details and information about selling prices and distribution channel.
    Thanks again for your interest and stay tuned to the Travel Bass facebook page for all updates and all latest news.
    Best regards,
    Travel Bass Team

7. Congo

Congo

Aug 20, 2017
    me Congo
    Me like sound of you bass vely much
    You tell Congo were to buy?

8. Where are you located, Congo?