Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Be a man and admit it....the horror movie character that freaked you out

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Feb 11, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    Of course they probably don't freak you out now, but the character that freaked you out when you was young or maybe even now.

Also include scariest horror movie scenes.

Mine was Freddy because he came alive when you fell asleep

and Jason remember Friday the 13th part two when he jumped through the window at the end?

The Hulk also freaked me out.

and belive it or not the Hulk.

2. The scariest thing for me was at the start of the grudge. Where the asian girl is looking in the man hole, pitch black with nothing but a lighter, circling around the manhole while standing on a chair. Then shes gone all the way around and you think its fine, then BAM. That evil looking girl jumps in her face and u see her bottom half kicking and screaming from in the room and she dissapears into the manhole.

That was by far the scariest character and movie ive ever seen.

When i was a kid, about 5-6 ish, i watched the movie IT. That movie gave me nightmares for a year, i would wake up screaming every night, completely terrirfied.

3. When I was little I was a little freaked out by Chucky (the doll from "Childs Play"). My sister was TERRIFIED of him, I mean she would cry after watching the movie when it was time for bed, she couldn't be in the dark after watching it. Nowadays, Chucky movies are more comedy then horror.

As for ME, I was freaked out by the OLD vampire movies. Like Nosferatu, even though it's silent and like 90 years old, that guy still freaks me out. He was a little TOO devoted to that role.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    the Hound of the Baskervilles freaked the crap out of me when i was little... Probebly because i always loved dogs and that biznatch was evil!

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...

An American Wearwolf in London...the subway seen in particular.

I believe the movie was called Th Howling...when some girl was going through some files in an office, and all of a sudden one of the wolf creaturs reached down to pick up a peice of paper in her hand , if memory serves me.

Oh and then there was the movie Creepshow...I believe it was the last story that had that baboon man troll...whatever it was....scared the hell ouyt of me when I was a kid.

Oh yeah...then there was a made for TV movie I believe that was called Snowmonster....anyone have any idea about this movie? It was when I was very young but I rmember parts of it vividly!

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    In the movie The Ring, that girl that comes out of the well all skanky and nasty looking. I think they way she moved made her that much freakier. Is freakier a word? If it is than that is what she was.

7. It was the Werewolf for me. My older next door neighbor got a plastic model of the character to put together and while he was building it, he was telling me tall tales about the beast and what he could do. Where we lived backed up to a large forest and I just knew that was where he was going to come from to get me.:bag:

8. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    The two little girls from The Shining freaked me out real bad. Actually, I'm still scared of them.:meh: That movie is awesome...soooooo creepy.

9. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. Something unnerving about that character (or maybe it was Gene).

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Most of the stuff I'd mention would seem lame by today's standards... you'd have to imagine them in context, well before the more graphic standards of recent memory. It was what you didn't see that scared the crap out of you;)

I mean, what's worse... seeing a person torn apart with (sometimes excellent, sometimes not) special effects or watching a reaction shot on someone's face as their friend is torn apart by a madman just off-camera?

Time for breakfast:smug:

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    The kid in the old Dinty Moore commercial that wiggled his ears always sent me running behind the tv.

12. The Grudge kind of creeped me out.

The two freaky characters popping up out of nowhere. The girl with that gurgling noise and the boy making cat noises.

burr, freaky I tell ya.

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to horror movies. i never really watched'em, cuz i scare pretty easily.

when jurassic park came out, it was '93, i think, so i was 8. when i got back from the theater, i was scared that raptors were going to jump through a window. :D

when i was three, i saw the first gremlins. and not even the entire movie. just until the part where they stick the needle in the guy's leg. scared the CRAP out of me! i was absolutely terrified for an entire year.

what finally cured me was seeing gremlins 2. that movie was so silly.

14. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    The clown under the bed in Poltergeist....but I was like 9 or 10 or something...

15. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Alien. Still creeps me out.

16. wow cant believe anyone hasnt mentioned anthony hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter. that performance has to be one of the best - and still creeps me out to this day!!!

17. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Regan from The Exorcist. The projectile vomiting, head spinning! :bag: I couldn't sleep for 3 day after I saw it the first time.

18. Damn straight. Even when I see Anthony Hopkins in a NON-crazy-psycho-eating-people-and-wearing-their-skin-killer role, I still expect him to eat someone.

Oh, and the roaring spider from Arachnophobia. I watched that as a little kid, and had nightmares about spiders for years!!

Rock on
    Eric

19. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    THE RING= i didnt answer the phone for days. i'm not kidding.

WIZARD OF OZ= to this day i have never seen that movie all the way through. when i was little the flying monkeys scared the crap out of me. now that i'm 36, the flying monkeys AND the fact that i know that judy is going to spawn LIZA scares the crap out of me.:bawl:

20. I am still scared of the Disney movie The Great Mouse Detective. It is probably the scariest thing I have ever seen. Some bat kidnaps this girls dad or something, thats scary.

What scares me worse than anything is pictures of the old west. The ones that are in "black and white" but they look brown from age. The ones where they just stare at you with no expression. I saw this one in my psychology book where it was a guy, his daughter (I assume), and their dog. They all (including the dog) were staring at me with no expression. I dont even open my Psychology book anymore.