Be careful what you wish for!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Sheesh!! I always wanted to trade my Cyclops for the Redeye combo .... now I have a chance to, but I am afraid .... help me Obe Wan... you're my only hope!!

Should I do it?? I want the portability of the smaller amp. I don't need even half of the volume of the cyclops. I do love to biamp, so I would eventually need to get another cab... of course I could swipe the 2x15 I use for my pa.... :eek: I don't know ... arrrggghhhh!!!!!

I guess I better do this. It's the only thing I can think of to make me shut up.

Anyone think I should not trade a Cyclops for a Redeye straight up?
  2. Gee, I wish I could help but I've never actually seen a Carvin anything in person. Not much of it around in Canada I guess. It's still kinda weird because I have been around quite a bit and I've seen or played just about everything else. Anyway, this is just a ramble, I'll shut up now because i'm just wasting your time! (as usual, right :p)
  3. Go for it man! If this is a trade you've always wanted to make i say do it! With the 2x10 you will have much more flexibility and will be able to add an ext. cab like you said! By all means i say do it!
  4. Dude, sure why not. Is there no takebacks in this trade???
  5. gbrooks. Here is something I have been thinking about doing. I also have the Cyclops and it more than does what I need it to do and more. I was thinking about calling Carvin and see if they would sell me the RC210 combo without the head. That way I could just put the head in which ever cabinet I wanted and when I wanted to bi-amp use the Cyclops as is or add the RC210 cabinet to the Cyclops. I know how much bottom the Cyclops can put out and I think you would miss it if tou traded for the 2-10's. Don't know if Carvin would sell the RC210 without the head and it may not be cost effective to buy it that way but its a thought.
  6. ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    just like what Rob Schneider's character in Waterboy said: You can do it!

All... Night... Long!!!!

jaas doo eet, meng
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey JB -

My guess is that they will do it, and for a reasonable price. But they might worry that you'd go and put an Eden head in it.
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    If at all possible take the RC210 for a trial. Compare it to your cyclops and keep the one your gut tells you to take. I have an RC210 and its great but I haven't had the chance to play or hear a cyclops. the 2x10 probably doesn't have the bottom end of the 15 in the cyclops but it handles all the way down to low D pretty well. I don't know if it can handle anything lower than that if you're playing a fiver.

I'd say go for the 210. It's more portable than the cyclops and if you miss the bottom of the big 15 you can get a 1x15 from Carvin for the low low price of $300. And the best part is you already know what their 15s sound like.
  9. fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey Brooks, you've been talking about this as long as i've been reading this board. You should go for the Rc210 and then bi-amp with your 15's if you need to.

I've had my 210 for about a month now and love it. Much to my wife's dismay, i'm thinking about a cab now to go with it. I'll let you know what I end up with.

good luck on the decision.

10. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Yeah, why not go for it. You can always add another cab, but the combo by itself will still be plenty loud. :)
  11. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Id keep the Cyclops. Id keep it and by the red eye 2x10 if you really want 2x10's. then run the Cyclops head into the 2x10. I think its the rl600 head in each, (forgive my ignorance if im wrong about that) this would eliminate you from having to swap out the 2x15 from your pa and even buying a 1x15 cab later on down the road. Id think it would give you mroe pronounced mids too if you ran the both of them, due to the 2x8's they put in the cyclops. Just a thought, probobly sounds like a dumb idea to some, but just giving you another option to consider.
  12. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Forgive me if this is totally stupid, BUT
    depending on how well you know this person and how he treats his equipment, you might want to think about just trading cabs. In other words you keep your head out of your cyclops and put it into the 210 when you get it and he keeps his head and puts it into the cyclops. Your stuff is fairly new right? You might not know how many beers this guy has spilt on his or how many times he 's left it out in the rain.