Be quiet and drive (acoustic)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oldirtymoney, Nov 17, 2002.

1. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    The deftones are one of my favorite bands now after listening to there music. I love be quiet and drive on there around the fur cd, but after downloading the acoustic one off the little nicky soundtrack i was almost in tears. Such a beautiful song with so much meaning. Whats your guys input on it??? :)
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    it's very nice

this is why Deftones is so different to the other Numetal bands, Chino's voice is great in most songs

i hate when I see it over the net mislabeled as "Radiohead - Be Quiet", when is Chino Moreno singing high pitched and it sounds similar to Yorke but it's NOT Yorke...
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's really weird how they really, really suck live though.
  4. I always thought that version was Radiohead.

That's a great take on the song, regardless. The vocal carries the whole thing.
  5. They used to be one of my favorite bands ever.. But I haven't listened any of their songs in years.

Download the video of Be quiet and drive acoustic live.. Its pretty cool, you'll see the Deftones, members of Incubus, Far, and also Adam Sandler on it..
    Check out their pre-adrenaline early demos if you can also.. Some of my favorite songs from them were never released commercialy.
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    yeah, wow, i thought nobody else noticed it...

I love their studio work but Chino's screaming and the whole band playing crappy live is very "contrastant"

so yeah, consider me a fan of their albums but dont get me into one of their concerts please

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    heh, yeah, you ever see that video for Ben Folds "Rockin' The Suburbs" they turn down the sucks and turn up the rocks! But I like there studio stuff too. Cool band.
  8. Yeah, they sucked when I saw them live, but I put it down to them being so stoned, especially Chino. At one point his trousers fell down and it took him a good thirty seconds to even realise :D. But maybe they're just generally crap live.

On topic, that acoustic Be Quiet And Drive is definitely amazing, probably even better than the original version.