BEACH BOYS HELP

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by swimdoc, Jan 23, 2009.

1. swimdoc

swimdoc

Jul 9, 2008
    I grew up with the sound of the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson and as a new bass player, wanted to play my favorites. Does anyone have tabs for "Surfer Girl"? I would appreciate any help you experienced bass players can give me. I am finding (and I'm sure its no surprise to you guys/ladies) but, the sheet music just isn't giving the actual bass lines being played. In the case of the Beach Boys sheet music, heck, In My Room is offerred in the wrong key. I have checked the usual tab sites online, but for some reason, no one tabbed one of their greatest hits....thanks all. Keep in on the down low.

doc

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Use your ears and chart it out. Tabs can only take you so far. Its pretty much ice cream changes with a few turn arounds (Surfer Girl). Pick up a Tascam and it will allow you to play along with the song (in MP3 format too), loop, slow it down, etc.

-richard

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021