1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BEAD tuning issues Ibanez EDA900? (piezo bridge)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by unbridled, Nov 19, 2010.

1. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    So I'm pretty happy that I'm getting an EDA900 soon. I'd like to tune it BEAD. I know I'll have to cut a nut, which I have no problem with but does anyone know if the mono-rail bridge with the piezo pups will cause any issues?

Link to the style of bridge

2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    I have a EDA905 and the saddle for the B string is the same as the rest, so no, there shouldn't be any problem.

However, you'll probably have to tighten the truss rod to handle the extra tension.

3. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    Cool, thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm not concerned about the T-rod adjustments. I've done too many set-ups for myself and customers to count.

Obviosly, I don't have the bass yet, but I'm already making plans for it. I've heard they have tiny necks, but it should still handle the added stress with no issues. Ibanez necks are usually strong enough to pound nails with.

Thanks again!

4. Not necessarily true - the total tension for BEAD is usually *less* than for EADG - there's a hell of a lot of tension in the G string(! :) )

Look up some tension tables. (Actually, I can't find a Google for that - maybe someone can point us to a URL).

5. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    A suggestion - if you use a balanced tension set of strings you will get the most out of your piezos.

6. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    What extra tension?