Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groveofbass, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Can i just switch between the two with out making any major mods to my bass (i.e. new nut)? I play with a B but i wanna give it a go with the high-'C' (like the juice)

I think i heard somewhere you can wrap foil around the string where it passes over the nut to make up for the thinner string.
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    If you would like your intonation to be in, I would highly suggest a 're-nut', plus have the saddles re-adjusted for height and intonation.
  3. nash_aki

Mar 10, 2005
    s. wales U.K
    why do you wanna go higher. bass is all about low. go A# D# G# C# F# its the future
  4. keep in mind im only giving it a try. i dont know about doing anthing permanent yet. I can adjust the bridge saddles and truss to fit the new tension just fine.

and thank you nash_aki for that incredibly useful comment. i swear because of your reply, all my bass problems, past present and future. has been solved.
  5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Bass is also about making music, not just seeing how low you can go. I make better music on an E-C bass.

You should be able to get by with your existing nut just fine to see if you like it. You'll want to adjust the setup a bit of course but you should be ok to try it.