1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beale St. Music Festival

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Floyd Eye, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Anyone going this year? Closest hotel we could get is on the east side. Everything downtown and in W. Memphis is sold out. We're going Saturday. Scheduled bands for Saturday are:

ALICE IN CHAINS
    FLAMING LIPS
    YO GOTTI
    PUDDLE OF MUDD
    SEETHER
    COLBIE CAILLAT
    JERRY LEE LEWIS
    HALL & OATES
    MICHAEL McDONALD
    BOBBY BLUE BLAND
    ELMWOOD
    NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALLSTARS
    DRIVE BY TRUCKERS
    GOV'T MULE
    JOAN RED
    CONSTELLATIONS
    ALVIN YOUNGBLOOD HART
    BLIND MISSISSIPPI MORRIS
    RUTHIE FOSTER
    SAVOY BROWN
    WALTER TROUT & BAND
    DRAGON BALTI

Should be a blast. Memphis is great, one of my favorite places and getting to see AIC on Beale street is an opportunity I won't pass up.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I used to go every year. Haven't gone for quite awhile though. I guess I got a little tired of puking drunks. Admittedly though, most people are cool and act like decent music lovers. I guess I'm just getting too old for massive crowds.

But I've seen some awesome acts there over the years. Buddy Guy; Dylan; Blues Traveler; Chuck Berry; and just tons of great musicians.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I sure would have thought more people here would be interested in this.

Bro, you're in Memphis and you're not going? ( btw, Blues traveler is there this year too)

I love Memphis. I live in St.Louis and I get down to Memphis every chance I get, which isn't nearly often enough lately. My favorite tattoo guy is in Memphis. I also go to any AIC show in the midwest. The fact that this one is on Beale is just a big fat bonus.

Oh well, if anyone does go, look for me, I'll be the tattooed white guy puking behind the dumpster in back of B.B. King's place. lol

4. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    You do realize it's not actually ON Beale?

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Well, the stages will be set up in the park on the riverfront again this year. When bands I don't care about are on I will be on Beale though, with everybody else, since it's within eyesight of the park. It's not called The Beale St. Music Festival for nothing. ;)

"The festival features dozens of A-List musical acts who perform over the course of three days on four different stages at Tom Lee park. Unlike most concerts, you can come and go as you please after entering so that you can enjoy the music of the festival and the party that takes place on Beale Street without worrying about not being readmitted."

http://www.thebealestreetmusicfestival.com/

6. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Some interesting bands this year...I was stationed in Little Rock (96-99) and would go to Memphis for this. Great times.