Bearer of bad news...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Oct 22, 2002.

1. It is my sad duty to report that we are about to loose one of our own. Charles Cole, known here for a short while as Shanaenae, was hit by a truck while walking home from school yesterday. He went into a coma and has not recovered, and the doctors think that there is too much brain damage for him to pull through. They expect him to last another 48 hours, no longer.

For his wonderful family, for his friends, for his school, and for the bass playing community, I ask for a moment of silence from all of you. A great person and a great player is passing.

Rock on, Charles
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I dunno what to say I truly am speechless, even though I have never spoken to this person or heard of him, it hit hard, it feels like a brother is gone. My condolences to his family. I guess this shows how fragile life can be:( A truly terrible loss. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight. Sincerely,
    James Tippets
  4. I never knew him, but the death of an innocent is always a sad occasion. Deepest sympathies to his loved ones...

5. I never knew him but it still saddens me. My heart goes out to him and anyone that knew him in any way (more paticular his family).
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I somethimes wonder what would happen if anything real bad (like this) happened to someone here in TB and we would never ever notice :(

maybe we should do some kind of list with the emails of relatives of the interested members (sister, etc) so we could email them after some months of member inactivity (and when the last post is not a "hey im going to take a long vacation")

that list should be on hands of two moderators/members and/or the admin...

anyways, that is a sad new i guess (never knew him too)
  7. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    He will be missed by many people...............:(
  8. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    wow, my prayers go out to all close to him. and dave, i've often wondered about that too. i've been afraid that if something happened to me, all of my friends that i talk to online, but live far away would have no idea what happened. i'd just disappear. scary
  9. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    I went and read some of Charles' posts, and this is what he wrote about 2 weeks ago :(

Yea, I gotta give my word for Justin, too. There's been like for four critical football accidents, all in the same time period. I'm glad I have no life, otherwise i would get hurt.

P.S. I know eric, he goes to my youth group

P.S.S. the concert is a great idea. I would help out, but my band and I, well, we "lack crucial experience".
  10. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I am so sorry to hear this...Dave, great idea about contacting family members if we don't hear from a TBer for a while w/out an explanation. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. So young. :(
  11. my prayers go out to family and friends. my heart goes out to all. :( :(
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i never knew him but am saddened by the loss

13. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    he and his family will be included in my prayers....

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that really sucks. my condolences to his family and his friends.
  15. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
  16. wow. i don't think ive ever read any of his posts, but that's scary... that sucks :(

i give my condolences to his family :(
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    god bless all
  18. CS

Dec 11, 1999