Beat-up Floor Tile bass [Pictures!]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CitricGuy, Nov 2, 2003.

1. This is what I like to refer to as a "Poor mans fix" the old "guard" cracked so I went to Home Depot and bought a .99 cent floor tile and cut it to fit over the electronics. Oh yea, I also ripped the frets off of it. lol. Don't mind the strings and pickups there rusted to nothingness. I play my 5 string (and brake strings enough) so much now that this one doesn't get new strings too often lol. Well here are the pictures of the Beatup Home Depot Floor Tile Bass. OUCH!

PS those tiles are hard as hell to cut and I didnt even attempt to do it nicely. I just wanted to protect the basses insides
  2. What! no more frets! yep, thats right lol, Plus a beatup neck because the strings are wound! lol. I would never do this to a nice bass trust me.
  3. Looks horrible but it does the trick!
  4. Hey, that doesn't look bad at all, I'm really surprised!

5. lol, its pretty beatup though. That just happend to be a decent picture :D
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin Cut that freehand, did you? :D
  7. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Dosent look too bad from far away. In a Dimly lit room.

BTW what kind of bass is that anyway?
  8. :bawl: That just hurts my soul. :bawl:
  9. LOL, told ya. :D

It's a beginners Squire P-BASS by Fender.

Its very rusted :(
    It has been over played :hyper:
    It sounds horrible :confused:
    Its got several nice gashes embedded deep within its body. :ninja:
    A String Sanded fret board. (Thanks to defreting and wound strings)
    It even has shotty electronics
    Along with a nice randomly working output jack.

But it's damn fun to play as a fretless w/o worrying about demolishing it. Plus its one i can take to rougher places and not worry about some drunk smashing it.
  10. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    I agree with Treena - it doesn't look that bad. That floor tile looks better than a lot of the moto pickguards, and it matches your carpet.

It doesn't look that beat up - I've seen much worse. And where are the stickers? About a dozen assorted band and bumper stickers should do the trick. Then get some pyro gel so you can light it on fire at the end of the night. Keep putting new stickers on top of the old burned ones - and any new gashes you may choose to inflict.