1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beatboxing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'm going to buy a loopstation and I thought it'd be very cool if I could use a mic to 'beatbox' beats and play bass over it.

Anyone thought of doing this? Anyone done it before?

2. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    ya, it's fun. in fact, there is a drum machine software product from acoustica called beatcraft that i did all the electronic samples for. i also did an add-on pack with my own "beatbox" sounds ... it's actually pretty cool.... including "mystery sounds" :)

3. I would be suprised if Keller Williams didn't do that already :)

actually, thats a cool idea, i know Keller Williams has looped a whole slew of instruments, vocals one of them, but i am not sure about beatboxing...it'd be a good idea if you can do it well :)

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Btw, I'm buying the DT Jamman, I like the idea of a USB connection, plus the adaptor comes along, and the adaptor for an RC 20 X is and extra 35$.

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Battery 2 comes with some pretty good beatbox stuff. i have a blast just smashing the pads with my mouse. one of these days, i'll try to actually write something with them.

..or i could find someone who is just really talented at it. :)

6. here is a bass player who jams with a beatboxer...not exactly what we are talking about, but here are some songs you could cover :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZtJB2jLUU7E

i haven't seen this guy talked about on TB, usually any bass video at all will end up at talkbass, but i don't recall seeing Les July...he's good though