Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beatle Bass Electronic Mod Anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luknfur, Feb 23, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    With all these electric acoustics out now with their piezos, parametric eq's, etc., was wondering if anybody has seen or ever done an electronic modification/pup swap to a hollow-bodied violin Beatle type Bass? God forbid some rich kid chop a Hofner but a Rogue, Epiphone, whatever. If so, what were the results?

2. RED J

RED J I ain't ready for the junkyard yet. Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2000
    Tennessee
    lukn,
    I've got a Rogue that I rewired V-V-T, jazz bass style. I like it a lot better.The original pickups were fine with me, but the mixability of the pickups this way is more versatile.

RED J :D

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh, I've actually got a Rogue but it came with the two volumes and 3 switches. In general players seem prefer two volumes to a pan for more control and I'm inclined to agree. But the pan is quicker for getting a setting to my liking. Seems like I can spend all day jacking with a couple volume knobs. Not so on the Rogue because it doesn't have the range of tone of my other basses.